Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth with Spotify application on Galaxy S ?

Bluetooth with Spotify application on Galaxy S ?

Hello, this is my question, I wanted to know if it was possible to connect Spotify with bluetooth to a bluetooth receiver so I can emit wireless to a car radio or another receiver.

Sorry for bad english, I'm french.

Thanks ! 

2 Replies

Hi MasterBenji,

it is possible, if your car radio supports the Bluetooth Headset Profile (HSP)*. You just have to pair your device with your car radio and after that android will automatically recognize the car radio as a headset 😉

If you start a song after your device has been connected to your radio, it will directly play through your  car speakers. Also you should be able to use at least Play/Pause, Next and Previous to control spotify, since the profile defines a way how to send commands to the device.  I'm using it this way and it works quite well. Sometimes I have some trouble with initiating the bluetooth connection, but after turning bluetooth off and on again it usually works again.

* N.B.: I assume, it should also work with the Hands Free Profile (HFP), but since my radio does not support this profile I cannot verify that.

Best Regards

Alex

Suggested posts