Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bought a Gift Card and Redeemed it but my account will not become premium.

Solved!

Bought a Gift Card and Redeemed it but my account will not become premium.

When I attempt to become Premium by choosing the upgrade option, which I have already payed for, when I try to confirm upgrade it tells me that I have no added a payment option yet, but the whole point of a gift card was to avoid getting wrapped up in an auto-renewal plan. What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had to give you guys my card information, upgrade to premium using my remaining unlimited time and then cancel my subscription to get rid of the auto renewal, needlessly complicated but it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

How did you try to redeem your gift card?  Please try it via an desktop. If that doesn't work, try another browser or the incognito (private) mode of your browser by going to the link below:

https://www.spotify.com/redeem/

I used the website on the back of the card on my phone, it said it went through and that it was accepted and that I had two months of spotify as it was a $10 card, but now when I go into Spotify on my phone, it doesn't say I have premium and attempting to use premium features brings up a prompt telling me to become a premium user.

Tried it on a browser and it said the code is already used, what more do I need to give to get this activated?

"You have 60 days left on your Spotify Unlimited subscription, these will be converted to 30 days of Spotify Premium. After 14 days you will be billed $9.99 + $0.00 per month."

Wait, did I not sign up for spotify premium, did I instead get Spotify Unlimited, you should of made this more clear, I'm pretty tech saavy and I find this infinitly confusing and unclear, so you can only get premium by signing up for a subscription plan?  So what did I pay for?

Marked as solution

I had to give you guys my card information, upgrade to premium using my remaining unlimited time and then cancel my subscription to get rid of the auto renewal, needlessly complicated but it worked.

Suggested posts