Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browsing Podcasts

Solved!

Browsing Podcasts

Hello,

I use Spotify on Android in France. The podcasts option was enabled recently here, and at that time when I clicked on podcasts on the left menu, I could browse a list of podcasts arranged in categories. However now, the only ones I see under this menu are my subscribed podcasts and downloaded episodes. In other words, how do I see the podcast library on Spotify and find new podcasts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @akadavan,

The podcast sections is listed on the browse tap. 

Steps:
- Go to browse in the menu;
- Search for podcasts;

- Here are all the categories.

In the Libary you can find your downloaded and saved podcasts. 

If this answer helped you, please accept this comment as a solution.

Have a nice day
- Jordy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @akadavan,

The podcast sections is listed on the browse tap. 

Steps:
- Go to browse in the menu;
- Search for podcasts;

- Here are all the categories.

In the Libary you can find your downloaded and saved podcasts. 

If this answer helped you, please accept this comment as a solution.

Have a nice day
- Jordy

This was very difficult for me to find the first time. Please consider adding a link/button in the "Podcasts & Videos" section pointing towards the "Podcasts" and "Videos" browse sections.

Since it is not currently possible to search for podcasts, this will make finding new content more intuitive.

Spotify Browse ... Podcast ... and Browse Categories... functions do not provide any way to SEARCH for podcasts by name or subject (Google Play allows this). Not supporting search for podcasts by name/topic/subject represents a serious problem making Spotify podcasts nearly useless, e.g. where is "West Obsessed"?

I use a chromebook am a premium user and still 99% of the time I can't even use the web player. Now that there are podcasts how am I supposed to find them without a browse button? Thank you youtube for all the things I can't get on Spotify. I listen to a lot of music on Spotify and really I think it is just like smoking now, a bad habit. I just can't seem to give it up. I have spent WAY too much time and effort using very limited resourses to make all the playlist I enjoy listening to on Spotify. I guess that is my biggest reason for staying. Nothing works as it should and using a chromebook obviously adds problems, way though I am not sure. Life's short so whatever I guess. I do get a bit snarky that I pay for services I do NOT have any way of using though. If anyone has found a way to find podcasts without a browse button and also could tell me how to get the darn web player to work without having to shut my computer down, log out of spotify, reboot, redown load the app, reload web player and get it work more than once a month or so after doing all that, which I no longer do...as I said, life's short and I hate wasting it on stupid **bleep**e. Off to you tube to listen you tube to listen to The Orbiting Human Circus (of the air) - I'll be back to spotify when I want to try to sleep. Perhaps. Or maybe just listen to the cello guy on you tube. Lots of choices so I guess why sweat the small stuff, right? Any suggestions, other than dump Spotify, would be greatly appreciated. I am also not a computer genuis. Actually, I consider myself a bit, computer challanged. Thanks Spotify community. 

Suggested posts