Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I can't browse the gaming category anymore. There's a total of four albums, five podcasts and several playlists when I navigate to the category via the search function. There is no button to "Show More" when I scroll to the bottom. Any previously saved music is available still.

7 Replies

Hey there @djannih

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device as a first step. This ensures you start afresh with Spotify and avoid issues preventing it from working properly. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.  

If you don't see any change after the clean reinstall send us a screenshot showing how the Gaming section looks on your end. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.    

We'll look out for your reply. 

Reinstalling did not work unfortunately.

I'm still unable to see anything more than what's on the front page of the "Gaming" category (no button to click to "See More".)

I've counted the total amount of items available in the whole category and it is: 21 playlists, 5 podcasts and 4 albums. It's the same in the desktop app (Windows.)

As I said earlier, all already added music is still available though.

Screenshot_20200805-220631_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200805-221038_Spotify.jpg

So, any update on this issue?

I'm still unable to browse the "Gaming" category.

Regards,

Hey there @djannih,apologies for the delayed response, we just came across your reply.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this? If you do, we’d first recommend checking if a friend of yours has a similar issue when he logs into one of your devices and vice versa.

Cheers!

Hey,

Unfortunately the problem persists. I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

Regards,

Hey @djannih!

Just checking back with you on this one - does it work better now? Were you able to test it out with a friend's account?

If you still see few things popping up, could you send us screenshot of what you get both on your mobile and desktop apps?

We'll need to take a closer look here.

Thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Two years on, the problem still persists. The only difference between desktop and mobile version is the ratio of available playlists/albums:

Desktop: 20 playlists/21 OSTs

Mobile: 34 playlists/21 OSTs

That's the entirety of the Gaming category for me, when browsing. 

I've tried reinstalling, and that didn't help. 

Screenshot_20220528-134604_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts