Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] Spotify doesn't entirely fill 18:9 displays

[Bug] Spotify doesn't entirely fill 18:9 displays

On my OnePlus 5T, the Spotify app doesn't completely go to the navigation bar. There's a bit of a gap visible between it, and Spotify's bottom navigation. I'd really like to see this fixed, as it's quite annoying. 18:9 displays have become incredibly common now, and I don't get why Spotify still doesn't completely work properly on them yet. So yeah, I would really like to see this bug fixed. Screenshot is attached below.

Also, to anyone thinking it: No, it's not an issue with the navigation bar, as no other apps I have installed on my phone have this issue.

Screenshot_Spotify_20180211-225403.png
6 Replies

Hi @Kamran!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

We'd love to take a closer look into this matter. Could you let us know your exact Spotify version? How long ago have you noticed that this happens? Does reinstalling the app help at all?

Keep us posted.

I have a Huawei Honor V10 and originally my Spotify app looked just like your screenshot, however my phone has a "full-screen" option which puts apps like Spotify which aren't optimised for 18:9 into full-screen mode so it fits the screen. I wonder if your phone has something similar to this?

If you go to Settings > Apps > Full screen apps you should be able to find Spotify and change it to full screen.

Just go to settings - >apps - >full screen apps - >[choose your app] and then change its compatibility from full screen to 16:9.

@Leonardo wrote:

Hi @Kamran!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

We'd love to take a closer look into this matter. Could you let us know your exact Spotify version? How long ago have you noticed that this happens? Does reinstalling the app help at all?

Keep us posted.

Spotify 8.4.39.673, it's done it since install. And no, reinstalling doesn't do anything to help rectify the problem. It's an issue with the app and its scaling. It needs to be forced to fit the whole screen via software, but that shouldn't need to be the case. It should be able to fit 18:9 displays fine but it doesn't due to the scaling issues that happen on Android custom firmware, and skins that lack the forced full screen app functionality. So I'd really like to see this issue fixed.

This has been reported multiple times across multiples threads. 

My report for the Pixel 2 XL is here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-for-Android-Beta/O-optimization-and-18-9-screens/m-p/434858...

It's shocking that this still hasn't been addressed after so much time while the iphone X was optimized for within days. 

I have version 8.4.43.632 and I'm facing the same issue on the pixel 2 xl. 18:9 displays have been out for a year now. please release an update to fix this.

Suggested posts