Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: add to playlist

Bug: add to playlist

Repeating a closed post without solution.. so the problem/bug is still there.

"So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go and add a song to one of my playlists they are always sorted by the last playlist choosed. 

Just to clarify, it's not the playlists menu, it's the ADD TO PLAYLIST menu with my personal playlists that dont appear on the same sorting order has the playlist menu choice."

"My opinion is that, when adding songs, the order of the playlists must be in the same order as the chosen one for the playlists section. After the update I changed the order of my playlists back to custom, but when adding songs the order is something completely different (latest played?). If it’s not possible to sync the order to the chosen one, the default choice must be custom! I have up to a hundred playlists and when adding songs now I have to scroll through the list and read the names of every one until I find the right playlist. It’s a complete mess. Time-consuming and irritating. I hope this is a bug or a momentary lapse and nothing that is there to last.

So, the simple request is: change back the order of the playlists to custom when adding songs."

4 Replies

Unless this is fixed soon it will likely cause me to look at other streaming services. The fact of the matter is I have hundeds of playlists I interact with weekly depending on my mood/interest/etc. To have them jump around based on most recently used is poor UX. At the very least this should be configurable.

In my mind this is counter to curated, personal playlists. If this is the direction Spotify wishes to take things, so be it. But it's not the service I want to pay for.

Most people don’t like change, I get it, I understand what it is and I get the same feeling too. Usually we just get used to it and then find out it’s better than before anyway. Sometimes, it’s also just crappola, like now. I believe this is the single worst UX change I’ve been subjected to, by anyone.

Being able to curate MY playlists like I want to, creates a sort ownership over the music (ie. a willingness to pay for a service). It is actually a requirement for me.

I have many curated playlists within specific folders. Moods, places, specific events. They are structured and I now my way arround them. Key point. They are all the way I want them to be, because that way I can find my way arround all the stuff I add. Sometimes I find a song that I add to several different playlists. Then I find another song that I add to a completely different playlist. Now, what happens is that each time I do, they get rearranged. Its extremely frustrating and it makes the UX horrible, for my use. I love music and I love curating playlists. Right now, I don’t feel in control over my stuff. I also add songs in a specifc order and don’t want, unless I shuffle, Spotify to touch the order. Usually I try to build up tempo and mood. And my playlists are in specifc folders for a reason. I don’t want AI moving stuff around because it thinks I want it. I don’t.

(I wouldt like Adobe to shuffle around my photo folders either)

If this isn’t changed, it’s actually something that would make me leave the service.

I know right.. its ridiculous! 

Btw does Spotify really change your song order in your playlist?? I dont have that, luckily.

Yeah indeed, it sucks!

Suggested posts