Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug report: Android Download slow

Bug report: Android Download slow

We have Spotify Premium Family for years. Our Wifi connection has at least 90mbit download. Usually Android updates about 1.000 songs in different playlist every Sunday morning after switchin to online mode in 5 minutes, highest Quality. For two weeks now it stops after 260 songs and coninues very slowly. Would take hours. I tried uninstall/install. After that the App knows my Account, strange, but ok. Same behaviour, after 260 songs download slow. I removed the app from storage and restarted it. The old speed was back and the rest of my download, about 600 was completed in less than 10 minutes. Tried a few, all avaialble. This is definetly a bug in spotiefies download management. Please fix it with the next version.

4 Replies

Hey @Thomas111111,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried clean install twice, still slow. Will Take forever now to download 900 songs.

Damn, seems to be I have to look for another streaming provider 😞

Any last suggestions?

Ok, found it. My smartphone changed to 5G channel of my wlan router, it is very fast too, but obvsiously not with Spotify. After switching back to older wlan frequencies it is fast again. Might help others.

Hey @Thomas111111,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear you found a workings solution. In case you want to continue using Spotify with your 5G connection, we recommend resetting the router and forgetting the network details on your phone.

If that doesn't fix things, It's a good idea to check if you observe the same under a different 5G network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts