Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug where playlists appear in wrong order

Solved!

Bug where playlists appear in wrong order

Currently a bug exists which causes certain playlists, followed or created, to force their way to the top of the "Playlists" section, even if they are put in a specific different location on desktop (mac specifically). This effect extends to forcing the folders they're in to the top. Other playlists are seemingly unaffected, and move with their desktop counterparts near instantly and obediently. Please fix this issue! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed

This is not a bug. Apparently, they added playlists sorting in the Android app. Just open Your Library -> Playlists and then scroll up from the top. A bar with a filter and 3 lines menu will show up. Press on the 3 lines and chose Sort by custom. That will revert to the previous sorting of your playlists. I am attaching a screenshot for clarification.

Hope this will help you. Happy listening 🙂

Screenshot_20190226-163243_Spotify.jpg

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed

This is not a bug. Apparently, they added playlists sorting in the Android app. Just open Your Library -> Playlists and then scroll up from the top. A bar with a filter and 3 lines menu will show up. Press on the 3 lines and chose Sort by custom. That will revert to the previous sorting of your playlists. I am attaching a screenshot for clarification.

Hope this will help you. Happy listening 🙂

Screenshot_20190226-163243_Spotify.jpg

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately I'm not seeing anything like that when
swiping up or down from the top of the screen. Weirdly the folders appear
in the right order when adding to playlists. So strange.

Spotify is known to roll out updates gradually so that is why you may not have it yet. Should appear soon though.

@jsann

To clarify, the problem isn't that the tracks in a playlist are appearing in the wrong order, it's that the playlists themselves and the folders they're in are appearing in the wrong order. I don't know if there's a solution for that 😕

EDIT: Oh wait nevermind I can see from your screenshot that that's what you meant. Ah well I'll just wait for now then. Thanks again!

I'm having this bug on IOS. Playlists are all in order on desktop, but are in all sorts of places on mobile. Playlists are in the wrong folders, or are outside their folders, are mixed up in folders I never put them in, and folders are moving into other folders for no apparent reason. My library is in custom order, and I've edited the order of playlists on desktop and watched my iPad and iPhone live update my library incorrectly. Please help!

First Image is what my desktop app looks like, and second is what my mobile library looks like at the same momentI added the red box there to show that's the order I'm trying to get, not the other part of the screenI added the red box there to show that's the order I'm trying to get, not the other part of the screensecond.png

Hey @aczintos1 

An Idea has been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Playlist-order-sync-with-Desktop/idi-p/4816000

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you thank you ... finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts