Button for saving / removing from library has disappeared

Button for saving / removing from library has disappeared

Plan Premium

Country Finland

Device: several

Operating System

Android 7

My Question or Issue

On recent update, button for adding song to library / removing from library has disappeared from android spotify. Please add it back ASAP.

3 Replies

Ok, button is there, heart-shape. But on my devices that heart is filled with black when song is saved, and background color when not saved. Very small change on contrast, and impossible to see for example in car.

See attached image how it looks when saved or not.

spotify.png

This has also happened to me on iOS 12.2. There has always been a "save" option for every track and album in Spotify. Now, there is only a "Download" toggle available. What happened to the SAVE option? I don't want to download music to my phone. I want to save it to my library as I always have.

Only download toggle appears where SAVE and DOWNLOAD used to beOnly download toggle appears where SAVE and DOWNLOAD used to be

Save is missing from additional menu itemsSave is missing from additional menu items

Ah, I see. You've changed the SAVE text to a "heart" favorite icon to "Like" it which ultimately saves the item to your library. This sucks. It's bad that its hidden from the top level and requires an extra click AND the function of "like" is not the same as "save." I wouldn't expect that "like" action to save to my library. It's a poor choice for such an important function. 

Suggested posts