Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bye Spotify Premium... huge shame, i'll miss you!

Bye Spotify Premium... huge shame, i'll miss you!

After trying all the troubleshooting guides on here and attempting every solution under the sun… that’s it… I’m done with you Spotify Premium.

Your android app functions gloriously when initially installed on my phone… the discover weekly podcast is a thing of wonderment… its smooth and responsive, works like a dream!

BUT… then I choose to store tracks offline on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact’s external SD card (SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10) and EVERYTHING goes to sh*t…

• App become extremely laggy, everything takes at least 20-30 seconds once pressed
• Search function takes AGES!
• I press play then the track starts playing 30 seconds later!
• It even makes my whole handset crash and freeze on occasion!
• It’s just a horrible unresponsive experience in the android app

I have reinstalled the app about 4 times, cleared caches, formatted the SD card 4 times, tried the Nu Player solution.

I’m tired… and I see no reason to carry on paying you my hard earned £10 a month.

Thanks for all your help on here, but seriously… NONE of the suggested solutions have helped.

Choose to save your tracks on an external SD card? Spotify just laughs…

7 Replies

Hi @jimardee,

is this happening while on wifi or offline?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

Hi Eiler,

I raised the issue with spotify care on twitter and the seem to have fixed things for me!

It was due to my offline devices being duplicated, so this can affect how the app behaves...

So far... so good!

Nice! Glad you got the issue sorted 🙂
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

Can you elaborate? I'm curious exactly what was happening. The app thought you had two offline devices? Did you have to resort to local storage?

How did you go about fixing this? I am in the exact same situation with idential phone and SD card specs.

Yes, it would be nice if you could explain how you solved this.

Would like to know how you fixed this?  I like to have offline music for use when I have no network (sailing, flying etc.)  It's a dog once you put music on the SD card.  I have this problem on the Samsung tablet and the LG phone.  Both have everything set up right as far as I can tell and both are multi minute lag on startup and then choppy stutter and stall for minutes or even hours.  

Suggested posts