Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IN ORDER

Solved!

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IN ORDER

Not very often that I find myself in the position where I'm considering suing someone, but here I am. I've posted messages to this forum, I've sent in requests to support, and received zero, nada, zip for a response. I've talked with a friend that is also an attorney about whats going on and he's agreed that at this point a class action lawsuit is in order. I've been a paying member of Spotify since it came to the USA, virtually to the day and I've seen promise after promise broken, no movement on fixing what's already offered and a big "f-u" for response. It's been worse since signing on with that other slug, Facebook. Not getting my $10 a month will be no big deal to Spotify; putting you guys into the limelight about how the service has gone down hill and getting worse will be worth the effort.  

38 Replies

The only thing that has come from this "discussion" is this:

1. No official support from Spotify

Keep in mind that most of the information or other material posted in the Community is user generated and not official support provided by Spotify.

Kind of says it all, doesn't it? This forum, just like their support, is non-existent and good for nothing. They've left the running of the asylum to the inmates. I was exactly right; zealots and fan-boys that have absolutely nothing better to do with their time than hang around on this "forum" under the guise of, how did he say it, "...by offering mainly technical support to those people who maybe do not know as much about computers as we do". As I said, self-appointed know it alls, that in reality have nothing to offer but platitudes about how wonderful the service is, and if you don't like it, go away. Let's completely gloss over the one fact in the whole thing; this is a paid service, for real money. And when real money is accepted for a service, the service is expected to perform. If not, there are serious ramifications - much more serious than "escalating it to the staff" (what does that even mean? Am I going to be sent to the Principal, suspended, expelled). Mr. HPGURU's biggest contribution was to go drink beer.

Let me offer some real "advice"; before people start offering their "help" and quoting sections of EUA's you really should know what you're talking about. Representing yourself in the manner you have sets you up for a subpeona. Stick to telling people to reinstall the app and keep your misunderstanding of contract law to yourself.

I went through the "official" support line and got no response. I made the mistake of thinking this was an actual support option from Spotify; not a group of "Spotify nerds" - "...And yes I know everything about Spotify, I use this service since April 2009. :)'. Good, good for you. Perhaps with this knowledge you can move out of your mothers basement.

Me. I'm out.

Escalate to staff means to send a mention over to an actual Spotify employee to come check it out.

That way they can help in ways we can't. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There is no need to get angry with anyone else here, or post rude things.
As for posting sections of the EUA, I see nothing wrong with pointing out clauses in the agreements. No one is representing themselves as a legal expert here, no one who has posted here is an official Spotify employee either, as it says there is no official support.

Also I think you should know I don't live in my mothers basement or even her house but your sarcasm is noted.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Mtripoli - As has been mentioned, this is a support forum. If you'd like some help, please outline the trouble you're having, and we'll all happily try and help. It's why we're here. We want your Spotify working.

However, if you continue to abuse the people who are simply trying to help you out, the thread will be locked.

I can also see you've emailed into Customer Support. One of our advisors will get back to you as soon as possible, so you will hear back.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Why bother feeding the troll?

Let him sit there, with his fancy words and imaginary degree, and threaten Spotify.

The fact that he's engaging an argument online, on a user-based support forum, tells me he's either retarded or just plain stupid.

If your not happy with a service, you contacs Support (either here, or via Spotify's official channel)

If that fails, you cancel the subscrition, put you your middle finger in the air, and pay Wimp or someone else instead.

Be all, end all, you win.

By arguing online, you just look like a retard

@natron wrote:

Why bother feeding the troll?

Let him sit there, with his fancy words and imaginary degree, and threaten Spotify.

The fact that he's engaging an argument online, on a user-based support forum, tells me he's either retarded or just plain stupid.

If your not happy with a service, you contacs Support (either here, or via Spotify's official channel)

If that fails, you cancel the subscrition, put you your middle finger in the air, and pay Wimp or someone else instead.

Be all, end all, you win.

By arguing online, you just look like a retard

is this ann coulter?

Does anyone read through pages and pages to sign up for a 10$/month service? For Fun? If you have the time to be that correct and on top of things, Great for you. 

And you have the time to count peoples' complaints? Are you for real?

I don't have time for a law-suit anyway, but as a paying costumer, I do expect at least a response when what I pay for is not delivered.

Yes, Sir. if you have a solution, please share it?

I am however not willing to give this more then 30 minutes, so uninstalling, re-installing ,etc with all the risks this involves is not an option.

Why should I have to throw hours away for a service I pay for? 

SPOTIFY, GET THIS BUG FIXED, INSTAED OF FEEDING US A LAME "THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER PROBLEM..." NON-ANSWER.

If you don't know how to fix it, say so. I'd respect you more for admitting a problem then trying to make it the users'sfault and to imply incompetence.

Finally, a real voice.

Thank you!

Awwwww. Not nice enough?

Get over it.

Barking at SUPERSTARS? Super what?

Are you for real?

Do you have a solution?

I didn't think so.

BTW; how does one become a superstar on Spotify? Do I have to submit a resume? Are there benefits? No? Ok. I get it. You have nothing else to do. That's fine with me. But don't try to tell others how they should comport themselves on a public forum. Because it's annoying, it doesn't add to the solution and makes you look like a bit behind  - no judgement.

I for once, wanna get off this "community" ASAP. I'm not here to find "friends". I pay to listen to music and I have a right to get what I pay for. Just the fact that there is no Spotify answer or help available is outragous. 

This attitude 'You kids fight it out between yourself", which this so called community really is, is just another insult. Answer my question, Spotify!

Instaed of this "Community" and  Sunday School  preachers, instead of being reprimanded by nobodies with too much time and too few real friends, have the decency to after taking outr money, to fix problems that arise.

This is all the time you'll get from me. I can't believe Spotify believes that this makes sense to anybody.

Fix it.

One costumer, two costumers, three costumers....all those pissed off peopel add up. Too bad you don't understand this simple business principle. Or just don't give a f.

PLEASE mention solutions as well as alternatives! All you do is hint at them, what good is that for?

All I want is spotify to work, so I do not have to set up each track manually. Cause I can do this with itunes library, CDs, hell, even a record or cassette would do it, I mean, since time is obviously no problem to you and other super users/ stars whatever.

I would like your "Help", dear benevolent, helpful super hero.

I pay for this service, so I can he "HELPED" by other product users? Huh?

But whatever. I even go as far as humbly asking for your help, just so I can go back to work and listen to spotify, dear gtreat superstar helper? Please? Pretty Please?

Thank you and I hoipe my words are nice.

Muahhhh

Dear Nicey-Nice Guru!~

You've told the big guys? You really did? OMG. Now I'm so scared that you're gonna rat me out too. Please don't. I'm nice girl, always keep voice nice and yes, yes, yes, I have read all the rules and still, what is wrong with me that I try to be nice and just can't?

Maybe because people with names like yours are so intimitating, I get nervous and lose my nice, can you accept that Mister Sir Dear hpguru?

That is so original and fascinating, a guru! But not only a guru, but a hip guru?!? Oh please, dear heart, stop beating so hard

Pleasssssse!

Can I come to your beer-party?

I am so glad there are people like you or the spotify-team actually would have to work!

I would like an assistent "to the end" who "knows everything" and is so very dedicated, all to the price of a gift package from spotify.

Can you come work for me please?

What do I have to do to become the recipient of your benevolent help?

And how do I know you're not full of BS?

I looked at those FAQS, yes Sir, all of them, but the moronic answer that "there might be another problem.." isn't really getting me anywhere. If it makes sense to you, by all means, please share. 

You totally missed the point as you do in every post.

hipguru lives in his mother's basement, clearly so, but since he is also very obviously a bit whatever the political correct word may be, but keeping it simple, STUPID is saying enough.

You? A couch in your ex-girlfriend's garage. Right?

You got to be kidding!

Abuse? 

Abuse is this: Paying for a service that doesn't work and only getting "Forum-Support" offered, nothing else. I don't want to get "HELP" form whoever yohoo, selfappointed fanatic and hipgurus. Would you? Seriously?

After weeks of reported problems, this is what you come up with? A threat? 

You are abusing a contract by not fullfilling your part.

Is this kindergarden? The only way to get a response is by being "reported" by a beerdrinking nice-fanatic? This is beyond absurd. Bizzarre. Funny

Thank you. 

I'm actually shocked. Mostly about the fact that I'm wasting time here. It's so bizarre, I'm wondering if this is a secretly  filmed realityshow about community-dynamics. Or just what happens when the company is run by selfrightous fanatics one never has to pay.

Maybe we have become part of a study? How to engage and motivate unemployed wannabes under the veil of community! Free seminar.  

Hi notsogoodanymor, sorry to hear you're having trouble with Spotify.

We'll happily provide support on this thread if you let us know what the issue is and which device/OS you are using.

If you'd like to speak to our Support Team via email you can get in contact here. Just let us know the case number you receive so someone can get straight back to you.

Thanks. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

oops, wrong place to have posted that

We are considering the same thing. Discovered that Spotify is charging us for a free account. Have tried to cancel the free account with no response. I have a huge number of contacts through my business and have discovered that this is a common practice for Spotifty.

Cynthia Nelson

501-520-1768

jccoolwood@aol.com

Suggested posts