Announcements

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Re: [GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Chummers
Visitor

Hello,

I'd be massively grateful to anyone that can help. I have tried everything!

I have an HTC One M8 running KitKat 4.4.4 and a SanDisk 64GB Memory Card.

I have tried hard resetting the phone a total of about 8 times now with different permutations of formatting the SD card and not formatting, installing and uninstalling spotify - nothing has worked.

Any help greatly appreciated.

One thing I have noted is that I have tried using USB and windows Explorer (show hidden files enabled) and also ES File explorer and I cannot see the spotify folders mentioned here at all.

Spotify is definetely saving data to the internal memory and the App information confirms this, so I would expect to be able to find the file location but I just can't.

My last bastion of hope is that if I could see where it was storing the files, I may be ablet to delete the folder and get it to save to SD.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance 🙂

Re: [GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Daniel
Community Legend

@Chummers wrote:

Hello,

I'd be massively grateful to anyone that can help. I have tried everything!

I have an HTC One M8 running KitKat 4.4.4 and a SanDisk 64GB Memory Card.

I have tried hard resetting the phone a total of about 8 times now with different permutations of formatting the SD card and not formatting, installing and uninstalling spotify - nothing has worked.

Any help greatly appreciated.

One thing I have noted is that I have tried using USB and windows Explorer (show hidden files enabled) and also ES File explorer and I cannot see the spotify folders mentioned here at all.

Spotify is definetely saving data to the internal memory and the App information confirms this, so I would expect to be able to find the file location but I just can't.

My last bastion of hope is that if I could see where it was storing the files, I may be ablet to delete the folder and get it to save to SD.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi there, sounds like you have the same setup as me. What if you follow the Clean Install guide and try using the stock HTC file manager (unsurprisingly called... 'File Manager') to check if these folders exist?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
SUGGESTED POSTS