Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I use Spotify on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (With no carier plan)?

Solved!

Can I use Spotify on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (With no carier plan)?

Hello,

I have an old Galaxy S4 phone that I have since upgraded from (To a Galaxy S6) that I use for work strictly as a music player. I am an electrician in a manufacturing building and I get horible cell reception inside so I use my S4 to play music but my list is getting stagnant.The S4 sits at my toolbox paired to a set of bluetooth speakers and I use my S6 for 'work stuff' so having my S6 as the music player isn't really feasable (although that would be the easiest solution)

I'm wondering if I can load Spotify onto my S4 (which has no carrier plan) via wifi and use the S4/Spotify premium in offline mode. I would still put Spotify on the S6 for car trips, etc....

Thanks,
Adam

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, any phone works at least you got an Android version 4 and above and working speakers. The S4's latest update is Android 5.0 so you can install it. To know whether your device is compatible, just search for the app in the play store. If you can see the App, it's compatible, but if you can't, it's not.

Follow me
Please follow my Spotify Account and I will share great playlists!
Giving Kudos and Accepting As Solution really helps. Thanks 🙂
Also, please give kudos to my idea: Recharging Skips for free users through Watching Video Ads

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes, any phone works at least you got an Android version 4 and above and working speakers. The S4's latest update is Android 5.0 so you can install it. To know whether your device is compatible, just search for the app in the play store. If you can see the App, it's compatible, but if you can't, it's not.

Follow me
Also, please give kudos to my idea: Recharging Skips for free users through Watching Video Ads

Perfect. Thank you for the confirmation!

Glad that I can help 🙂

Follow me

Suggested posts