Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can No Longer Skip via Double-click on Earphones

Can No Longer Skip via Double-click on Earphones

Version 8.4.17.640 armV7

Since 2 updates ago my earphones no longer skip songs reliably. With that I mean it may skip one or two, and then stops. If I force-stop the app and restart, it will work again for a limited time and then stop again. I have cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled a clean version. The problem was solved for a day, but has returned.

3 Replies

Hi @SuperSprynt!

Just to make sure, does this happen with any pair of headphones or with some in specific? Also, is this happening with any other music app on your device?

We'll look forward to your response 🙂 

@juansebastian This is on a Samsung Galaxy S7 w/factory Samsung earphones; I haven't tested any others. The app has been updated today to 8.4.18.743, and the problem is still there.

Update -- after a couple Spotify updates, a phone reset and testing on multiple pairs of headphones - this still happens. However - I believe I have found the cause: bluetooth.

After connecting to the car bluetooth and coming in and pluggin in my earphones the skipping no longer works, only pause/play. Turning bluetooth off immediately returns the skipping function.

Suggested posts