Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can i use OTG to download my playlists and listen them offline? - OG Moto G 8GB - (KitKat 4.4.4)

Can i use OTG to download my playlists and listen them offline? - OG Moto G 8GB - (KitKat 4.4.4)

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately not, Spotify encrypts the songs and I'm fairly sure it's device based, so you'll need to sync them again on Spotify on the other device, using a USB won't work.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I don't want to use it on several devices, just expand my phone's storage capacities, since it doesn't come with a MicroSD slot.

@Anthony wrote:

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately not, Spotify encrypts the songs and I'm fairly sure it's device based, so you'll need to sync them again on Spotify on the other device, using a USB won't work.

Anthony 🙂

If you are familiar with GNU/Linux, maybe a symbolic link could do the trick.

Essentially, you would redirect the files stored by Spotify to your external OTG device. The issue would be more about what happens when there isn't your OTG device...

Let's say Spotify stores it's encrypted files in /data/Spotify/Music/

You would do a symbolic link /data/Spotify/Music --> /mnt/OTGdevice/Spotify-cache and hope it works..

EDIT: You would need, patience, root and an ADB shell.

Suggested posts