Free

Country

USA

Phone

Moto Z Play Droid

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I have Spotify v 8.5.60.1013.  Until a couple weeks ago I could preview songs, but now cannot.  I typically search for an artist, then tap SEE DISCOGRAPHY, then tap an album; then I would tap the list of track titles and get another screen with all the tracks listed, and then I could tap each track to preview.  But now, after tapping an album I can't tap the list of track titles -- nothing happens.  All I can do is hit the green SHUFFLE PLAY button.  That does me no good because I can't quickly go thru the tracks to find ones I like, and I can't skip from song to song because I'll quickly use up my skips.  I totally don't mind the ads and other limitations that come with the free plan, but not being able to preview tracks anymore is a huge disappointment.  How can I get back to previewing tracks on the free plan?

Top Answer
Elena

Hey there @Beefbourguignon,

Thank you for your post.

We're always testing things and aiming to improve our features and we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you'd like to see the option to view the songs in playlists and artist profiles you can leave a +Vote on this idea to support it.

We appreciate your feedback on the matter and you can check out this page for more info on how your ideas reach Spotify.

Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @byHisgrace!

No worries, if you reinstall the app you get to keep all of your saved songs and playlists.

You just need to log in to your account and everything should look as normal.

Give the reinstall steps a try and keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

31 Replies

The same thing with me!!

Hey there @byHisgrace and @lisanunezz!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Have you tried logging out > restarting your phone > logging back in to see if that makes any difference for you?

We can also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here to try and solve this.

If this behavior persists, feel free to let us know if that happens with all albums you try to preview or just a few select ones.

If you could send us some screenshots of what you see in the app, that would also help us with the investigation.

We'll be on the lookout for your updates!

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena -- First, thanks so much for your quick reply!  I signed out of Spotify and restarted my phone, but it's still not allowing me to preview tracks.  I attached a screenshot -- it's what I see after I select an album.  Tapping on the track list you see on that screen used to then give me a different screen with the tracks listed, and I could preview each one.  Of course, I can't show you that screen because I'm not getting it.  I haven't tried your other suggestion yet -- a clean reinstall -- because I have a question about that:  will that cause me to lose all my liked tracks?  If so, that's a real problem -- I've put a lot of time into that and currently have 4975 of them...

Screenshot_20200608-174216.png
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @byHisgrace!

No worries, if you reinstall the app you get to keep all of your saved songs and playlists.

You just need to log in to your account and everything should look as normal.

Give the reinstall steps a try and keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator

That worked Elena -- thanks so much! 😊

@lisanunezz -- hope this worked for you too...😀

1. I had the exact same problem.  I logged out of the application, turned off my phone, waited 30 seconds, turned it back on, logged back into Spotify and checked and it appears that the problem is solved.  Thanks, what a relief...

Plan: Free

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System: Android 9

Spotify Version: 8.5.66.1002

Hey, I have the same problem (I can't preview the songs under an artist's name or in an album). I've done everything you said to do (reset my phone, logged out and back in, and done a clean reinstall of spotify) but nothing seems to work. This problem has been going on for at least 2 days now.

When I click the songs under an artist's name, album, or single, it doesn't do anything (it doesn't show me the page with previews).

Screenshot_20200711-150240_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-150250_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-150258_Spotify.jpg

I'm having the same problem.  I've done the clear cache.. uninstall and turn off phone and reinstall. It's the same problem. Can't click on artist songs or see more to view artist songs. This has been a problem for several days. What is the reason and how do I fix if uninstall and reinstall didn't work???? Answers would be great as I am not the only one with this problem.

Thanks!

Update as of 7/13/2020:

Unfortunately the problem has occurred again!   It was okay a few days ago after just logging out of the app, rebooting the phone, and logging back in. 

Today I tried the same steps but it did not help this time.   Then, I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app and logged in again.  And it still did not fix the problem.   I am hoping there is a solution to this because it looks like a number of us are having the same recurring issue.

Hi there folks,

We appreciate you bringing this forward to us and we've investigated.

We can confirm that at the moment, the "and more" option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

We understand that having the button while it not doing anything can be confusing and that you'd like to have a way to see all tracks in an album so rest assured that we'll be passing your feedback to the right folks.

We also recommend posting an idea in our Ideas boards.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Take care!

ElenaModerator

So essentially the very liked and heavily used preview was removed fir no apparent reason?

• the same issue is back again, I've tried clean restalling and everything but it's still not working. It's making finding new music and making playlists impossible 

I can no longer preview songs on my spotify account, whenever i go to an artist and try to press on the “and more” button nothing happens. the same thing happens whenever i try to look at an album and try to preview songs there as well. I can’t even access the albums at all because the button doesn’t work. i’ve done everything and nothing’s working ( delete cache, log out, offload app, restart phone, leave it alone for a couple of minutes, reinstall ) what can i do to fix it? 

08DEA5B9-9003-4654-BBE8-7F282F1AD5E7.png
CA979FFE-B690-4F66-895F-80F9BB645258.png

Its absolutely ridiculous at this point just use soundcloud.

1. Yes, I noticed that few months ago that previewing stopped and i thought it was my phone.  It only allows preview on selected items labeled "preview". I uninstalled and reinstalled but no change: (
  2. Any ideas?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently it's not possible to quick preview songs when using a free account on Mobile. You can still listen to albums and new releases from your favorite artists in Shuffle mode.

At this point, I'd suggest that anyone who feels that this feature should be brought back try and submit the idea in the Community Ideas Exchange page. 

You can click here to start submitting it.

Make sure you read the guidelines to submitting ideas for Spotify.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

insane to think that spotify would take away a feature like this when it is an ESSENTIAL feature to the experience. whats the point of using this app if it doesn't even allow you to listen to the music it provides? 

I thought this must be a glitch with my phone but no, it's actually been removed and they want us to submit to have it re-added? Guess I'm done with Spotify as it is now too much hassle to discover new music and make playlists.

Hey there @Beefbourguignon,

Thank you for your post.

We're always testing things and aiming to improve our features and we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you'd like to see the option to view the songs in playlists and artist profiles you can leave a +Vote on this idea to support it.

We appreciate your feedback on the matter and you can check out this page for more info on how your ideas reach Spotify.

Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts