Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer select songs ON TABLET, tablet mode no longer working Nexus 7 2013

Can no longer select songs ON TABLET, tablet mode no longer working Nexus 7 2013

I've been using Spotify without premium/trial for many months on my Nexus 7 2013, tablet mode allows you to select songs and use unlimited skips(the tablet version is not the same as the phone version which has shuffle play only) But for whatever reason I'm now restricted to shuffle play only like the phone versions, I've tried making new accounts and reinstalling Spotify but I'm still getting restricted to shuffle play, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

5 Replies

I had the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 10.5, it turned out it had something to do with the custom rom I had installed.
Installed the stock ROM = Spotify back to normal.
Installed the custom ROM again = Spotify shuffle mode only.

Are you using a custom ROM?, maybe thats causing the issue.

Yea, I'm using Cyanogenmod. It's worked previously on Cyanogenmod so I'm unsure what the problem exactly is.

Also, if I downgrade Spotify to version 4.0.0.800 I can select songs.

Yeah I have been using the Spotify version 4.0.0.800 as well since I don't want to revert to stock rom again,

No Xposed Module seen to be able to fix the issue.

For now disable the auto update and stick to this version until they release a new one that works properly. 😞

It happened to my Nexus 7 2013 too, but i have a rooted stock ROM.

Good to know that on older version it will work, need to find it now.

Thanks so much. I've been struggling to get the tablet mode back on my Sony Xperia tablet Z2. Reverting back to the older Spotify version 4.0.0.800 solved the problem. So happy! 🙂 

Suggested posts