Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can not download Android app while I have premium account

Can not download Android app while I have premium account

HI 

I have a premium spotify account from the NL. I have been using the App on my android withinout any problems but since couple days my app keeps crashing and I can not download it anymore as it says on the market: This item cannot be installed in your device's country

I have a samsung galaxy X with either an Irish or NL sim card as I travel a lot and I am not always in the NL.

How can I download the app while being in Ireland but having a premium NL account?

Many thanks

6 Replies

Try going to http://m.spotify.com from your mobile browser - should be able to download it fromthere
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi 

Thank you for your help. When I download the app here I download an apk file. How do I install this file?

Many thanks

Find the file in your download location and click on it.

You may get a warning about enabling the installing of non-market apps - click OK and it should take you to the setting you need to tick to enable that, then try again

Dave

----------------

Hi

I still get the message when I go to my download folder can not open file. When I have a friend ''bumb'' the app to me and I install it from the market I get a Spotify could not be downloaded due to an error (940).

Bart

Do you get an error when you try to open the apk file in the download folder? Perhaps it downloaded incorrectly - try getting it again

----------------

No still does not work. Think it has to something to do with that my Android was updated to version 4.0.4  . 

Had a an android with 4.0.2 download the app in the same way and it work for that phone.

Suggested posts