Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can not install on Acer DA220HQL

Can not install on Acer DA220HQL

Hello,

I've purchased an Acer DA220HQL recently and, though beeing very satisfied with the unit, can not install Spotify via the Play store. Spotify is not even mentioned in my view on the store.

When accessing Spotify the store via chrome, the Play store lists my device as "not supported".

I finally installed Spotify via the m.spotify.com page but, though it is running fine, sadly the apk there is rather old and does not support landscape mode...

Any chances on getting the recent build on my device?

Best regards

Kai

15 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, if your device is not suppported for Google play, it will not be possible to get the recent android version which is on Google play.

If you would like to request an update for the non google play devices, I suggest you submit it as an Idea to this community. However, it is quite unlikely as when google play came out, it effectively replaced the old android store.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

...I think you missunderstood me completely..... 😉

I _have_ access to the play store with my device, I installed all the apps I use on my other devices.

_only_ Spotify does not show up on my device and I would like to know why?

Rdio, Pandora, Deezer, Google Music, they are all there, why not you...???

Hmm, you could try searching for a more recent apk file with Google search like "spotify android apk download". They are out there but you should be aware of the possibility that the file has been tampered with and, unfortunately, the file on m.spotify is the only official release available in this form.

...but the question remains: what renders my device a no-go for spotify.

Maybe a thing from the past, when spotify worked in portrait mode only and would have looked funny on my landscape only device? 😉

@WaldoPepper wrote:

...I think you missunderstood me completely..... 😉

I _have_ access to the play store with my device, I installed all the apps I use on my other devices.

_only_ Spotify does not show up on my device and I would like to know why?

Rdio, Pandora, Deezer, Google Music, they are all there, why not you...???

Oops, sorry! But yes, I would follow Joes advice and hopefully you'll find an apk that works 🙂

As for why it's not compatible, I would suggest checking with Acer to see if they have a reason; and I'll escalate this topic to the staff to see if they know why it's not 'compatible' as such.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

...any news on this topic?

News? Oh the app on m.spotify.com has been updated!

...to which version?

0.6.2 I believe - I haven't tried it myself though.

...tried it, its 6.6.270, so the most recent...

Funny: I had to uninstall my previous 6.0 and, after installing from m.spotify.com, the app reverted to portrait mode initially for log-in and went to landscape thereafter.... 😉

I am absolutly puzzled about Spotify _not_ supporting landscape-only devices properly. With Android slowly reaching the dektop (and so landscape only devices like all-in-one PC's) this starts bugging me.

Watch out what your competitors are capeable of, never was I plagued with the above mentioned problems e.g. with Google Play Music, rdio, etc. (and they are availbale in the Play Store for my device)

I don't know the answers but at least you now have the latest version 🙂 Did you try getting in touch with Spotify through the online contact form ?

...yes I did. They offered no solution but asked me to post it somewhere here as an proposal... 😉

That sounds like an automated reply. If so, I recommend replying to it so that a real live human gets to see it 🙂

..did so, this _was_ the reply

Oh, sorry 😞

Suggested posts