Can play songs on my computer but not the phone!

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Can play songs on my computer but not the phone!

I am having the same issue. Songs I have local on my PC play fine. When I try to play them on my Android I receive "The track is not available". I have a premium account, I am not a member on Facebook. At one point this worked, seemed to change recently. Possible fixes?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Any results on this yet? As I'm having the same problem have done for a few months and no resolution?
Highlighted

Any news on this?   I'm new to Spotify, but just cancelled my premium service.   It is a deal breaker if I can't play "MY OWN" music.    They show up in the mobile app, but are greyed out in my Sonos app they don't even show up, yet I own the songs and they are on my PC (and play fine there).

Thanks!

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

Hey guys 🙂 

If you have local files you want to sync to your device, then you need to connect your device and your computer to the same WiFi network and log into the Spotify applications using the same details on both. Full instructions on how to do this are located on this help page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem, I can play local files through Spotify on my computer, but not through my android, and I have a premium membership.

I'm an amateur songwriter, and I like how Spotify automatically takes any songs I've written on my computer and makes them available on my phone... or at least it did until about a month ago. Other local tracks I have I can still download on my phone, just like anything else I get off Spotify's database (but I can still play those tracks that are unavailable on my phone on my computer).

I'm thinking there might be some licensing issue? Any feedback from someone who knows more on this would be great, thanks.

EDIT: I tried the suggestions in this post: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-PC-can-t-find-my-Android-Phone/td-p/173390

I disabled windows firewall on my computer and my device synced, was able to get local tracks to play to my phone.

Highlighted

Regular

Done and done, still says the song is unavailable...glad i'm paying 10$ a month for this.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Did you sync your device and computer? The files of songs you own have to be synced to your device or they won't play.
Highlighted

Regular
The problem is that they were playing just fine but then suddenly stopped playing one day...
Highlighted
Solution!

I have been doing a bunch of reading and investigating, and just found a snippit about turning off your firewall.

Temporarily paused my ESET security firewall and BOOM! WORKING!!!

See if that is affecting your downloading ability on your wifi at home. (I can't even think of downloading at work because of the firewalls), but duh.... i nearly did a *face palm* when I saw that post!

Good luck! 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

404 link not found? :c help me please because not for me its not a solved problem i still cant listen to the songs on my phone that i added through my laptop. 

SUGGESTED POSTS