Premium Duo

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy S9+ and Huawei P20

Operating System

Android 10 and Android 9

My Question or Issue

I recently switched from the Family plan to Duo for me (Galaxy S9+) and my girlfriend (Huawei P20). We used the Family Mix a lot. When trying to add herself to the Duo Mix from her account, under the "Your Duo Mix" section it just says "We're having technical issues. Please try again later." My account shows everything fine under that section for me, with a Leave Duo Mix button.

Additionally, Family Mix still shows in my Made For You section, but not hers.

How can I get my girlfriend added to Duo Mix?

Inked91189977_253830472323005_6882869985887125504_n_LI.jpg
11 Replies

My wife is having the same problem, Ian able to get into the duo mix on mine, but when she tries she has the same error message.

So it's been one month with the Duo plan and I still have the Family Mix in my Made For You section, and my girlfriend is still getting the same error message.

Hey there @DeadWaves and @Viberg!

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed reply.

Could your partners try to reinstall the app on their phones with the steps here?

It's also a good idea to give this a try on a different platform like for example desktop or our web player. 

If that doesn't solve it, we recommend leaving their details and a +Vote here as that will help us investigate this further.

We'll be here if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. I reported my error here : https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Error-t%C3%A9cnico-en-Duo-Mix/td-p/4891008

I also reported this error via twitter and the spotify response was that you were going to look into it. I have this problem for months now, i changed my plan just to use this playlist and my girlfriend can't use it, it's realy annoying. I can't understand how spotify just doesn't care about this.

Did it work? If it did, I'd do the same.

(But I don't really feel like trying, because it seems too much effort. I just want it to work.)

nope

This has made no difference I have tried multiple devices, and tried on a pc, still the same issue. this seems to be a problem with the profile not the app. 

Nothing worked yet. We just have an empty Family Mix showing up.

Hi! I also had this problem, since my boyfriend got the Duo Premium for the both of us. We don't live together (yet), and since the plan revolves around a couple living together, MAKE SURE YOU IMPUT THE SAME ADDRESS WHEN REGISTERING. I would get the same error message before I realized this, and therefore I asked my boyfriend to remove me and once I registered again with his address, I was able to join the Duo Playlist that has both of our music! Let me know if it works! 🙂 Make sure you remove the "Plan Member" first before adding them again.

(Copied message from my other reply lol)
Hi! I also had this problem, since my boyfriend got the Duo Premium for the both of us. We don't live together (yet), and since the plan revolves around a couple living together, MAKE SURE YOU IMPUT THE SAME ADDRESS WHEN REGISTERING. I would get the same error message before I realized this, and therefore I asked my boyfriend to remove me and once I registered again with his address, I was able to join the Duo Playlist that has both of our music! Let me know if it works! Make sure you remove the "Plan Member" first before adding them again.

The problem has not been fixed for two years.
The problem still exists.
Will anyone ever fix the family mix feature after changing the family?
I can't understand how spotify just doesn't care about this.

Suggested posts