Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Download Playlists For Offline Use

Can't Download Playlists For Offline Use

I've read through pages upon pages of postings about this, but have yet to find a solution...

I have spotify premium, and noticed that my android wasn't downloading the playlists I wanted to listen to offline. It would either not download at all, or only download a few songs.

I tried clearing the cache and deleting the app, restarting my phone the proper way, etc. And this worked temporarily. Here am I a couple weeks later back at square one. I'm unable to download any new playlists for my phone. I have tried deleting the playlists and creating new ones, changed the settings so that I'm using "extreme quality" when downloading, connecting to various networks (home and work), and nothing is working.

The entire reason I purchased Spotify Premium was so that I could download these playlists to my phone. It's very disappointing to pay $10 a month and not be getting what you want.

Does anyone have an alternate solution to this problem that doesn't involve me deleting the app (AGAIN) and starting over?

11 Replies

I got the same problem here. Trying to download songs. And it only downloads the songs that i litsen to. I cant wait for all the songs to download that way. Im using Android Desire HD.

Same here - in the last few days I've tried to download a particular album and it will show as being downloaded.  If I check back the next day when i want to play it offline it only shows as a playlist (ie. not downloaded.)  When I re-download the playlist (have done this a couple of times) it brings all the tracks up again as if they are still somehow cached somewhere.

Running a HTC Desire....

I got the same problem here. spotify support any solution? How say Ksokolo is very disappointing to pay $10 a month and not be getting what you want. Sony Xperia Pro. Thanks.

Same problem on iPhone. Just showing those grey arrowcircles, but no interest in downloading tracks. 

I also have this problem i pay 99 swedish krones/month. and i still cant listen to my playsist in offline mode on my samsung galaxy s, its starts piss me off to pay for something that dosent work, i have tried to do they samething to get my playlist working.

This is a issue for my phone and when im home spotify is working just fine, main problem is the spotify app that wont let me listen to my music!

same problem.  my phone will no longer download tracks when i try to add them from my phone. htc incredible 2

Exactly the same problem here.

I have had exacty the same problem. It is very frustating. Have any of you guys solved the problem?

This was the same advice given to fix the crashing issues. I reinstalled the app and flipped my starred playlist to "available offline" it downloaded like 2 songs and crashed. That was at work. Once I got home I tried again. The downloads seemed to do a lot better but still crashed a couple times and still yet, not every song on all my playlists downloaded. I tried flipping the "available offline" switch of and on again but still download. I'm using an ipod touch btw not android. iOS 8.2 not sure if this makes a difference.

I've moved your question to the iOS board in that case as they are best to be able to help you troubleshoot.

You can view your thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/Re-Can-t-Download-Playlists-For-Offline-Use/m-...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have the same problem. It used to work fine but with the last upgrade for the app this happened. It starts downloading but when i check again i have to press again to download for offline. I have a windows phone and obviously am paying for premium. But if this doesn't work there is no point in paying.

Suggested posts