Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Downloaded Music

Can't Play Downloaded Music

I've been having issues playing downloaded items. Even though a playlist is marked as downloaded, and the tracks show that they are on the device, they will only play when connected to a network.

To confirm, I've downloaded a playlist, then turned off WiFi and cellular data. Nothing happens after playing a track. I also tested by explicitly turning on offline mode. Same issue using both Normal and High download qualities.

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled, made sure folders are deleted, robooted, and reinstalled twice without any change. I've also tried downloading to internal storage, instead of using the SD card.  Like I mentioned earlier, I also tried using different download qualities.

I'm using an ASUS ZenFone2 (ZE551ML), which is running Andorid 5.0.

I have Spotify Premium, and the app version is 4.9.0.992.

I assume I'll need to revert to a previous version, but don't currently have that possibility.  Thanks in advance for the assistance/insight.

6 Replies

Another quick check - can you access the filter menu and select 'Downloads' is anything there?

When you select to download a playlist do you see the notification of the tracks actually downloading to the device?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes, the playlists do show up using the Download filter. When downloading items, the notification does appear while downloading, and the Spotify app also reports more space being used afterward.

Hi. I've escalated to support to see if they have any other ideas or can check your account settings

Android Troubleshooting:

Sounds good, thank you!

Sorry for the delay; and here's a few more questions if you can provide info so that support can look into it for you:

- When not connected to WiFi or cellular data, do the songs appear greyed out or playable?

- When you try to play a song, does it skip to a playable song? Do you get an error message?

- Approximately how many songs do you have synced for offline use?

Android Troubleshooting:

No worries.  I understand things like this are tough to troubleshoot, let alone reproduce.

The songs do appear as playable, they are not greyed out.

When selecting a song to play, nothing happens, it just sits at 0:00.  When I first reinstalled, I lost the songs that were working, but even then it wouldn't skip to ones that actually played.

Currently, there are only two songs that I was testing with.  Previously, there were a handful of playlists and albums I had downloaded.  using some rough math, I'd say it was probably around 400 songs in total.  If you need a more precise number, let me know and I can add up the totals.

Thank you!

Suggested posts