Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Resume Spotify when phone is locked/ Spotify goes missing on Lock screen when paused

Can't Resume Spotify when phone is locked/ Spotify goes missing on Lock screen when paused

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

My Question or Issue

Now sure if its phone specific or a setting, but previously when i'm listening to music I can pause using the button on my earphones to pause/ resume music on Spotify. Now when I press pause, If I don't press it again within roughly 10-15 seconds, I have to unlock the phone to resume Spotify. I can't press play from the lock screen either as the display goes missing. Hope this makes sense?

3 Replies

Hello @Glyniis ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Try this!

Go to phone Settings > Device Care > Battery > Optimization.

Spotify maybe found on the put to sleep immediately list, remove Spotify from on there.

Also turn off battery optimization for Spotify.

Let me know if it worked!

🙂

My phone is Optimised but Spotify wasn't set to auto sleep - see attachments. Appreicate the suggestion though!

Screenshot_20190328-184805_Device care.jpg
Screenshot_20190328-184759_Device care.jpg

I have the same problem with the same phone (Galaxy S10). To add on though, as soon as I unlock the phone the widget reappears and I can resume by pressing play and the widget will again remain on the lock screen until I pause again. (Using the Galaxy buds touch controls won't resume playback either after pausing but that's another issue.)

It is super annoying because I wear my headphones at work and often have to pause to talk to people. Unlocking the phone to resume is not ideal since it's usually in my pocket.

Suggested posts