Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Sync Local Songs to Playlists for Offline Use

Can't Sync Local Songs to Playlists for Offline Use

I've looked through several guides and threads on this topic to no avail, so if the solution has been posted elsewhere (that actually works), forgive me.

In short, songs from my PC will not sync to play on my phone at all.  They play just fine on my PC, but they're already on my PC.  My phone can see them in any playlist I put them in, but they're greyed out and don't have the grey arrow that unsynced Spotify songs have.  Spotify songs that I add all sync up just fine but none of my local ones do.  I can't even play my local songs on my phone regardless of whether or not I'm in offline mode.  Just to make it clear, yes I am on premium.

Of the issues I've seen proposed, I have done the following:

• Turned off mobile data
  • Made sure both devices were on the same wifi network
  • Disabled firewall
  • Made sure I had at least 1gb of available space on my phone
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on both pc and phone
  • Deleted and remade playlists
  • Tinkered with local file settings
  • Turned on and off available offline switch

This is all I recall reading about so I troubleshooted for all of these and it solved nothing.  I have some hard to get soundtracks from series I really like that I'd love to integrate into my music playlists at large and I just can't get it to work.  Are there any other solutions out there I haven't stumbled across that might have my answer?

Thanks for reading.  🙂

4 Replies

Hello, I dont believe you can sync your own music files to the Spotify app for offline use. It would be a cool feature though. I suggest you put it in to Idea Submissions 🙂

Hello @xlugon77pyro

Welcome to Spotify Community!

I just tested the option to sync local files and I was able to get it working without any issues on my Android.

Here is what I did:

Go to "Local Files" folder in Spotify

Right click the song -> "Add to Playlist" -> selected Playlist that is already available offline on my Android device.

The song synced immediately. 

I have some doubts that your Playlist is not available offline and that's why Local Files are not getting synced.

Let me know if this works for you!

I have the same issue for now, but for me it's even more complicated.

I tried it before and had no problems at all to sync local files to my offline playlist (2 weeks ago) now I tried it again with other songs and they wont sync at all in the same playlist.

I've tried about anything, but nothing seems to work.

@Dreadlord: I've done that multiple times now, including even right now. It's not working. The songs I add on my PC don't have the circling arrows next to them which means they won't sync, and on my phone they're just greyed out. And yes my playlist is listed as available offline.

@

Suggested posts