Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Sync local files from computer to phone.

Can't Sync local files from computer to phone.

Hello I have playlist on my computer with some local files from my computer. When I sync them the title of the song will pop up on my phone but it says unable to play. I have tried to pass the same local file to my phone but my phone doesn't do anything. How can I get those local files on my playlist to play on my phone?
6 Replies

Hey,

Try the following -

* Ensure you have logged into the same Spotify account on your computer and your phone
* Connect to the same wi-fi network on both devices
* On your phone, select the playlist with the local files, and select Download Playlists".
* These tracks should then sync to your phone.
Airhorn Enthusiast

-I have both my android phone and computer connected to the same wifi.

-They are both connected to the same account.

-I downloaded my starred playlist which has all of my local computer files.

-I still cant play the local files, it says "The track is not available"

I am a premium subscriber and since the latest Android update, which wiped all my playlists, I am also unable to sync my HTC One X with my playlists.

I have tried all the suggested fixes I have found in the various threads relating to this problem.  I have completely uninstalled Spoitfy from both my phone and my pc, did restarts on both devices, reinstalled and still I cannot download my playlists.

Since unintalling and reinstalling my error has changed from No internet connection availble to simply stuck at loading.  My phone cant even retrieve the playlists names.

Also, it took several attempts to be able to download the app from the playstore as I kept getting an error.

I had no problems with the service prior to the update, if this persists over time I am going to cancel my subscription as my main use for Spotify is to play music on my phone.  I am so regretting updating right now.

Edited to add.. I have just noticed that my phone FINALLY was able to obtain the song names of my Starred Playlist, it started to download the songs but it gets a little way through a track and the error No internet connection is now back.

Update:- After over a week of not being able to sync my HTC with my spotify playlists and trying almost everything, for an unrelated problem I had to reboot my router earlier this evening.  I don't know why, but this has fixed my synching problem, all my playlists are currently being downloaded perfectly.  Hope this helps someone else who is having problems.

And with all due respect David, your advice is pretty close to useless.  The problem that I, and many other Spotify users are having has nothing to do with basic common sense.

My phone is doing the same it dose not want to sync any songs and I am not a premium subscriber, before the new update it worked perfectly but now it dose not is it because you have to be a premium subscriber or dose spottily have a fault 

Thank you so much anjani! This solved my problem!

Suggested posts