Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Uninstall Spotify App on Android

Solved!

Can't Uninstall Spotify App on Android

Hey all. I was using Spotify for a while. I decided to uninstall Spotify app from my Sony XA Ultra device but I can't. I tried to unistall on the Play Store, clicked uninstall button but it didn't completely uninstall from my device. I can only enable or disable it. Then updated,reinstalled,tried to uninstall but its same again. I want to completely uninstall the app from my device but there is still enable or disable button.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know this is pretty old now but I found that the update to Nougat (7.0) for Sony Devices (mine is the Z5) makes Spotify a pre-installed system app. This is why you can't completely unintall the app, only disable it. The only work around for this issue is to root your device and use a system app uninstaller though thats up to you.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Was the Spotify app preinstaled? You can't uninstall those apps

Try to uninstall it from your phones 'task manager' instead of the play store, I've had a similar issue and all I did was uninstall off my manager not the store.

It wasn't. I have uninstalled it once, but I can't now.

When ı click on spotify at storage tab, ı can only see disable or enable button. There is no uninstall button. On Play Store too. I can only update or open the app.

Hey, I got the exact same problem, did you find something ?

If Spotify came preinstalled by your service provider or manufacturer, it can only be disabled, not uninstalled. This applies to all preinstalled apps.

Hey Joe! Thank You, it didnt come pre-installed, I downloaded it a while
ago and always could uninstall it (not that I wanted to). Now there has
been an update of the app at the same time as an Android update and I dont
know how comes but I cant uninstall it anymore !! Just disable it.

Was it an update from your service provider or phone manufacturer? If from your provider, maybe they now include spotify?

Still same. I can't uninstall it just disable button appears.

Marked as solution

I know this is pretty old now but I found that the update to Nougat (7.0) for Sony Devices (mine is the Z5) makes Spotify a pre-installed system app. This is why you can't completely unintall the app, only disable it. The only work around for this issue is to root your device and use a system app uninstaller though thats up to you.

thanks.

Suggested posts