Can't connect Android Spotify to a new BMW Mini

Plan

Family

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S10+, OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android (latest vesion of each phone OS and firmware)

My Question or Issue

How does one connect ndroid Spotify to the Mini? We can play Spotify on the phone (manually) and listen via Bluetooth but it should be controllable via the Mini UI and it does with an iPhone, and that was tested and proved working at Mini's local sales centre. 

We've disconnected  and removed/added all phones multiple times and they all have the latest Spotify app. (At least the S10+ and OnePlus 6T have anyway).

9 Replies

Hey @adbee! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry to hear that.

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation. Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread to stay updated on this. 

Have a nice day!

Peace

I have the same problem with MINI Cooper 2016 and the latest Google Pixel 4 android phone.

Hi,

this is because BMW does not support the connected apps on Android yet.
I also have a Mini 2016 model, and had to get an old iphone 6 from ebay in order to make this work. You have to have at least iOS 11 for the Mini Connected App to work.

The new BMW Connected App does suopport this since 1 Month.
Hopefully this will be patched in 2020

This is still an issue in 2021. I have a MINI Copper JCW Clubman from 2019/2020 and Spotify in my PIXEL 5 does not work!!!

Mini app is installed, and Spotify is open.

Everything is updated.

Hi there @turbojezz,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know how you try to connect?

Also, have you checked this article out under Android?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jeremy,

this is not about bluetooh.
This is about the A4A feature spotify stopped to support in Q2 2019.
So the spotify app is not integrated into the navigation system anymore, like it still is on iOS.

Bluetooth still works fine

Hey @Vasmares,

Thanks for the clarification and for sharing what workaround you've found to this matter.

For anyone affected by this, we'd recommend adding your +Vote to this Idea thread. As for now, this is the best step forward in letting the Spotify teams know how important the integration is.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes I know this is not about Bluetooth. I never said anything about that.

This is about how Spotify does not turn up as an app in the car. At the beginning of 2020 it was there and that's one of the reasons why I accepted that Android Auto was not in the car and I would still buy it....

Now we don't have Spotify in the car.....but apple users do!!! Why!?!?!?

Hi, I'm connecting with Bluetooth, but i have tried with the cable as well. No Spotify app is appearing in the cars entertainment system like it used too when i bought it at the beginning of 2020.

Suggested posts