Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

Re: Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

Michaelkmd2
Music Fan

I have exactly the same problem. I checked with two android devices (6.0 & 8.1), spotify clients keeps saying "connecting" to chromecast audio, but then nothing happens.

This suddenly happened while listening to the chromecast, with that terrible annoying voice saying "I'm sorry but your spotify thing is being used by another account," and then it went completely silent.

I'm very much surprised that after al those years spotify is still struggling with properly managing audio through chromecast. Not to say that many spotify "updates" of last months sucked big time. *big sigh*.

M

borrie51
Casual Listener

The same over here. Palying Spotify from an Android phone, just the connecting beep and keep on trying to connect. But, it seems only recently added albums show this problem. Any album stored some time ago can be played without a problem (the issue is album dependent)

mrpro

I'm having the problem with my S9. It just recently got worst, so I updated Spotify and Google Home, and reset phone and router. Didnt help.

But Google Play works just fine with CCA - so definetly a spotify problem.

So how do we  escalate this ?

Maybe they should spend more time supporting customers instead of pushing podcasts down our throats !

Phil69
Visitor

I have the exact same problem.

@Spotify How about you hire developers who are actually programmers

SynnoNym
Music Fan

why is nobody from spotify answering? there are several threads in this forum about connection issues - but apparently in not one of them, someone from spotify speaks out...

Highlighted

PinballFreak
Regular

i really don't think #spotifycares about this at all. I even reached out on twitter about this, seems they reply to everyone else but me, must be that this issue doesn't concern them. 

Hello Spotify? please fix this

Vincent8829
Visitor

Same problem. Plz fix! All other apps working, just not the one i really need... :/

JoeQ
Regular

I actually found the same -- playing a song from a playlist (rather than an album) seems to get rid of the flaky behaviour at least temporarily.

But overall things are still wierd, and I get the "your Spotify account is being used on another device" a lot as well.

Spotify has had issues with Chromecast for years. I'm not sure why they haven't been fixed yet. It's like every other app out there that claims to work with Chromecast is just fine, except Spotify, where it depends on the phase of the moon. It's a bit pathetic. 

BarnacleBeard
Casual Listener

Thanks for the post about the playlist songs casting without issue. I've been tearing my hair out all morning trying to get my albums casting from Spotify on my pixel 2 to Google's Audio cast. This broke for me today.

Indeed it's the same issue. Songs in albums no longer cast, and yet songs inside a playlist do cast. 

All apps are up to date so the issue is well and truly with Spotify.  They patch one issue only to create two more 😕

vittau
Regular

Same problem here. Works when cast is started from a playlist, but not from an album.

Even tried removing devices and reinstalling the app, but these didn't work.

Phone is a Redmi Note 7.

Vitor
SUGGESTED POSTS