Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

PinballFreak
Regular

Even when casting from a playlist, just skipping to the next track can cause a disconnection with the awful "your Spotify account is being used on another device." Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to connecting Spotify to Chromecast. Only that you'll have problems.

Highlighted

SynnoNym
Music Fan

sometimes i can observe, that songs that are liked are playable via chromecast, while songs without a like are not. it is soo annoying.

Highlighted

ezmanuk
Visitor

This is a shambles - keeps failing to connect to Cast enabled devices. I thought Deezer was bad but looks like spotify is worse. At least Deezer employees would at least pretend to be interested!

Highlighted

borrie51
Casual Listener

Okay. Not sure it really solves all of it. But it seems (careful!!) to work out fine with me.

So, I removed the Spotify app from my Galaxy S6 (yes, a bit old :-(). And downloaded it again from the Play Store. Still some albums don't play. Deleting the album using my desktop Spotify login and then searching the album and storing it again enables me to cast it again. Still got the feeling something was wrong al the way, and deleting this 'memory' gets rid of the problem.

Ik works for me, keeping my fingers crossed...

Highlighted

SynnoNym
Music Fan
Highlighted

PinballFreak
Regular

Good looking out. Everyone should reply in that thread, if Spotify is actually paying attention.

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As @SynnoNym rightly suggested, make sure to head over to this ongoing issue thread, where we're gathering info from users to pass on to the relevant team. We'll keep you posted in that thread.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

gvl
Regular

Afaik Chromecast isn't a full Connect device. Seems I can't play my saved albums as of today. 

Highlighted

plsullivan3
Casual Listener

I've found that going into Google Home app on your phone and then clicking on the 'Device' and then clicking 'Cast my audio' will "mirror" the audio. "Mirroring lets you cast your phone's or tablet's screen and audio to your TV or speakers." This is an unacceptable hack as far as I'm concerned and I'm not sure if the audio is of the same quality. Something broke. Spotify are the mechanics. If I could download a spreadsheet of my Spotify library I'd be heading over to Amazon Music in a heartbeat. I'll wait a short time to see if Spotify can resolve the issue and continue using Amazon Music's free three month trial. The clock is ticking. 

Highlighted

KrisPWales
Regular

It's ridiculous that this is still going on. Still can't cannect to any cast device to play songs saved in my library. Songs not saved work fine. Yes, Spotify opened an "ongoing issues" thread but have then completely ignored it.

SUGGESTED POSTS