Can't copy the link

Plan

Duo Premium

Country

Russia 

Operating System

Android 7

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone! I have a problem with sharing track. When i try to copy link fro menu with all tracks it works (pic1), i can tap «copy link» and see the message «link copied», but when i try to copy link from player (pic2) i can't, app tells me «can't copy the link. Try later» (pic3). Please, help me to solve this problem, it's very uncomfortable! 

p.s. i can do all this in web app - it works, app has last update, google services are updated too. I don't know what else i should do

photo_2020-10-12_17-42-29_LI.jpg
photo_2020-10-12_17-42-29 (2)_LI.jpg
photo_2020-10-12_17-42-29 (3)_LI.jpg
9 Replies

Hey @Trefoil_k, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @billy_j! Thank you for your answer!

I did all steps, but it doesn't help :c
I still have this message when trying to copy the link

My device is meizu m5 note with android 7.0, flyme 7.1.0.0G

photo_2020-10-12_22-31-36.jpg

Hey @Trefoil_k,

Thanks for letting me know. Does this happen when you switch network connections? Also, does this happen on a different account (if you have another one available)?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey, @Billy-J, thanks for help!

Unfortunately i have this problem on other account too and when i connect wi-fi or mobile internet. I thought that the problem was in google services, i reinstalled them, but this message still appears

I can copy link from track list, from desktop app and from web player, but can't do this in player menu from mobile app, this is so strange. By the way,a few days ago i updated my phone, android version too, maybe that's the problem? I don't know what i should do, because i installed all services on my device several times.

The second person in my subscriprion doesn't have this problem, he can copy all links, therefore i suppose that this problem is in my phone

Hey @Trefoil_k,

Thanks! Let's try a more thorough clean reinstall, which is different then a simple reinstall. This will remove any data associated with Spotify on your phone, which means a fresh start. Follow these steps.

Keep me updated. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Okay, done. Still have this message 😅

Hey @Trefoil_k,

Could you log in to your Spotify account on a different device as well?

Keep me posted on the outcome!

Billy-JSpotify Star

My friend with android 9.0 log into my account and try to copy link. Successfully)
I think that this problem is in my phone, but not in spoty :c

Hey @Trefoil_k,

Thanks for all of the steps you've tried. I also believe that this is device-related.

If you need anything else, feel free to start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts