Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete com.spotify.music

Can't delete com.spotify.music

Spotify refuses to download songs to my 64gb SD card. So I did all these steps:

- Deleted cache through Spotify options

- Uninstalled Spotify

- Looked in file viewer to find the files "\android\data\com.spotify.music" and "com.spotify.mobile.android.ui" but couldn't find either (used Windows search function with phone plugged in through USB) on both internal and SD storage

- Checked storage space. Internal had 6.03gb left while SD has 60.54gb left.

- Reinstalled Spotify

- Set download quality to Extreme

- Downloaded one playlist

- Checked storage space again. Internal had 5.83gb left while SD had 60.54gb left.

- Checked in file viewer, found "android\data\com.spotify.music" in internal storage (and doesn't exist in SD storage) but now I can't delete it

It says "Cannot delete com.spotify.music: The storage is write-protected.

Remove the write-protection and try again."

How do I do this? All my Google searching has shown is to format my storage, which is pretty impractical considering it's the internal storage and not the SD card...

Also, I'm using Android 4.3 with the newest version of Spotify.

4 Replies

Thank you for your post - I am having the same issues.  Currently, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android Version 4.4.2 (Samsung will not roll out the Kit Kat version for the S3 at this point).  Whenever I click on my Spotify app, it looks like it will open but then it just says "Unfortunately Spotify has stopped" with options of "Report/Ok".  So, I am unable to use the app through my phone (which is my primary use for driving, etc).  This really sucks, especially since I'm paying for the Premium.  After two and a half weeks of emailing the Spotify Cusotmer Service, they have failed to give me an proper fix; so again I'm turrning to the forums.

The steps the Customer Support gave are below:

"

Can I get you to perform a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app and see how it goes?

1.     -- On your device open (System) Settings and start Application Manager
2.     -- Look for Spotify and tap it
3.     -- Press "Clear data"
4.     -- If it's not greyed out, also press "Clear cache"
5.     -- Uninstall the Spotify app
6.     -- IMPORTANT: Completely turn off your device, then turn it back on again
7.     -- If you can remove the battery, do so now, then put it back in, then turn your device back on
8.     -- Using a file explorer app on your device, or your computer with your device connected over USB, look for a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui. It's usually located in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time)
9.     -- Delete the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder(s)
10.   -- Re-install Spotify by heading to m.spotify.com to make sure you're getting the latest version

"

Whenever I try to complete step 9, my phone says "Delete failed".  Does anyone have a proper fix for this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, because while Spotify has been amazing for a year for me, their Support has been surprisingly ineffective and it's very frustrating.

Thanks!

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. The first pay is about how to achieve a clean install... Note; you may have to use your stock file manager due to the permissions it has. 

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

whenever i try to delete spotify it just has "disable" option but no uninstall and i want spotify fully gone.. i have android 7.0 nougat on sony xperia x compact

This happens with apps which were preloaded on you mobile as part of the ROM by your service provider or mobile manufacturer. In that case, such apps can't be uninstalled and can only be force stopped and disabled.

Suggested posts