Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download Local Files onto Pixel 3

Can't download Local Files onto Pixel 3

Hi! I'm having a problem where I can't download my playlist of 360 local files onto my phone so I can listen to them on the go. Whenever I try, it just puts a little exclamation mark with a circle around it under each song and says "Waiting To Download". My computer and phone are on the same WiFi, and it's not an issue of space because I tried it with a much smaller playlist to no avail. I also tried all of the advice I saw on the forums that seemed to be related, like uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I would really appreciate it if someone helped me out with this! Thanks. 😄

Screenshot_20200723-022926.png

6 Replies

Hi @ratlesbians,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community about this!

If you’ve tried all the suggestions listed in this Spotify Answer regarding local files not downloading on a mobile device, and they don't fix the issue for you, then I would recommend trying changing the local files source on your computer as per the instructions listed further in the Spotify Answer:

• Re-download the songs, but add them to a sub-folder of your "Downloads" folder.
  • Try downloading (or moving the files you already had) to a sub-folder, or different folder altogether.
  • Add that folder as a source for your Local Files.

Let us know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried moving all of my music to my Downloads folder on my computer, with no such luck. 😞 There are still little exclamation marks under the songs on my phone. I'd assume it's an issue on the phone's end since my files are playing on my computer just fine? I really don't know what to do here... Do you know if there's a way I could contact an employee or something? I'm out of ideas. 😕

Hi @ratlesbians,

Thanks for keeping us updated! I suggest giving this a shot using a different network, such as by creating a hotspot on your mobile device.

It's also important that you have the Spotify app open and in focus while the songs are trying to download, since downloading can't occur if you navigate away or have the app in the background.

Let us know how it goes!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue as you but I have a Samsung S20. I've tried all the same things including a new network and hotspotting and still no luck. It's not the phones....

Still no dice. 😞 Thank you for trying to help, though! I might try and contact Spotify directly, although I don't know how much luck I'll have there. I'll respond here if I figure out how to fix it.

Hey there folks,

Just jumping in here to add a few more steps you can try.

Logging out of the app and restarting your phone before logging back in can help getting the files to sync.

We also recommend to play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on your phone when trying to download the playlist containing the local files. There are more detailed steps for that in the post here.

Another important thing to check is that your firewall isn't blocking the downloads. Check out this post for more info.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts