I recently movd to the USA and I've been trying to get spotify to download on my android phone but with no luck so far. I have the windows app installed on my lapotop an I'm using the free premium trial currently but no matter what I do I can't get it on my phone. Here's what happens:
* I go on google play store and when I search for the app it's not even there
* I go on spotify.com from my phone, select download, it takes me to play store where it displays the app but it says it's unavailable in my country.
I tried going to google to make sure they have me listed as a US user and they've helped me update my account to my new address. I've allso aded a credit card with a US addres registered on my name as many forums suggested that might be a problem but to no avail. The google folks said the app is no longer listed in playstore and that I should contact the publisher but I can't seem to find the support link anywhere on spotify's web page.
Anyways hope someone might be able to shed some light and help me with this issue.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Ok. one more thing just in case, maybe you can try the following:
"Maybe you recently moved to China or you purchased an Android phone after you arrived, but now you are connected to the China Google Play store, so you may receive a warning says this item is not available in your country. so follow the steps to change the country Google play store.
However, if you simply want to change the country for your Google Play app store, the following steps come straight from Google Play support:
1. Sign into your Google Wallet account on your computer to manage your payment methods (https://wallet.google.com/manage/paymentMethods).
2. Delete all of your payment methods from Google Wallet, and only add a card to one with a billing address located inside your desired country.
3. Clear data for the Google Play Store application
4. Go Settings > Apps > Play Store > Clear Data , Clean cache
5. Re-open the Play Store, and sign out the Google Play account.
6. Sign back in Google Play Store. You should now see the Play Store that matches your default payment instrument’s billing country, and download the apps you want."