Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download app on my phone

Solved!

Can't download app on my phone

Hey folks,

I recently movd to the USA and I've been trying to get spotify to download on my android phone but with no luck so far. I have the windows app installed on my lapotop an I'm using the free premium trial currently but no matter what I do I can't get it on my phone. Here's what happens:

* I go on google play store and when I search for the app it's not even there

* I go on spotify.com from my phone, select download, it takes me to play store where it displays the app but it says it's unavailable in my country.

I tried going to google to make sure they have me listed as a US user and they've helped me update my account to my new address. I've allso aded a credit card with a US addres registered on my name as many forums suggested that might be a problem but to no avail. The google folks said the app is no longer listed in playstore and that I should contact the publisher but I can't seem to find the support link anywhere on spotify's web page.

Anyways hope someone might be able to shed some light and help me with this issue.

Cheers,

Gorazd

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok. one more thing just in case, maybe you can try the following:

"Maybe you recently moved to China or you purchased an Android phone after you arrived, but now you are connected to the China Google Play store, so you may receive a warning says this item is not available in your country. so follow the steps to change the country Google play store.

However, if you simply want to change the country for your Google Play app store, the following steps come straight from Google Play support:

1. Sign into your Google Wallet account on your computer to manage your payment methods (https://wallet.google.com/manage/paymentMethods).

2. Delete all of your payment methods from Google Wallet, and only add a card to one with a billing address located inside your desired country.

3. Clear data for the Google Play Store application

4. Go Settings > Apps >  Play Store > Clear Data , Clean cache

• If you are using a non Google phone, you may need to enable the developer mode manually.
  • Go to the settings menu on your phone.
  • Scroll down to the “System” section and tap “about device”
  • Now scroll down to “Build number”.
  • Tap the ”Build number” section seven times. (You will see a warning that you are about to unlock developer options)
  • Go Settings > More > Application Manager >  Play Store > Clear data, Clean cache

5. Re-open the Play Store, and sign out the Google Play account.

6. Sign back in Google Play Store. You should now see the Play Store that matches your default payment instrument’s billing country, and download the apps you want."

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi. That's really weird. Could you verify your connection is being recognized correctly? I mean coud you go to google and search for a website called Where's my ip and confirm that it says USA? Maybe your behind a proxy from another location.

The quick way to install spotify no matter if Play Store does not find it (weird), is to go to a website called APK mirror and download the Spotify's apk. The apk is the setup file and is the official app from Spotify so it hasnt been manipulated. You can install it manually on your android having the unknown sources set off just for this operation. 

Hey ,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the IP and it says I'm in Conecticut (close enough) so that's not the issue... I'll see if anyone has some other solution to offer and then I'll give your idea a go as I can't think of anything else myself.

Marked as solution

Ok. one more thing just in case, maybe you can try the following:

"Maybe you recently moved to China or you purchased an Android phone after you arrived, but now you are connected to the China Google Play store, so you may receive a warning says this item is not available in your country. so follow the steps to change the country Google play store.

However, if you simply want to change the country for your Google Play app store, the following steps come straight from Google Play support:

1. Sign into your Google Wallet account on your computer to manage your payment methods (https://wallet.google.com/manage/paymentMethods).

2. Delete all of your payment methods from Google Wallet, and only add a card to one with a billing address located inside your desired country.

3. Clear data for the Google Play Store application

4. Go Settings > Apps >  Play Store > Clear Data , Clean cache

• If you are using a non Google phone, you may need to enable the developer mode manually.
  • Go to the settings menu on your phone.
  • Scroll down to the “System” section and tap “about device”
  • Now scroll down to “Build number”.
  • Tap the ”Build number” section seven times. (You will see a warning that you are about to unlock developer options)
  • Go Settings > More > Application Manager >  Play Store > Clear data, Clean cache

5. Re-open the Play Store, and sign out the Google Play account.

6. Sign back in Google Play Store. You should now see the Play Store that matches your default payment instrument’s billing country, and download the apps you want."

Hey man, THANK YOU! 😄 This was the solution :))))) I did just what you said, removed all other payment methods except the ones with US address and then tried to log out of play store, that however proved impossible which is why I removed my google account from my phone and then added it back again. Before I logged back in though I cleared all the cache from play store and google play services. When I got back into play store and searched for spotify voila! it was there 😄 So happy about this! Again thank you very much for the assistance!

Cheers from Larchmont!

Suggested posts