Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download songs anymore

Can't download songs anymore

I have a microSDCard of 16GB (10GB left).

And spotify say that my memory is full but I have 10GB left on my SDCARD.

I have an Acer liquid E2 (not duo) and I live in Belgium.

Processor : Mediatek 1,3 GHZ Quad-Core | 1 GB of RAM

Please help me :'(

François Genon

9 Replies

Is Spotify definitely saving it's data onto the SD card?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It sounds like spotify is using internal storage and not the external SD card. You can check this in the desktop client by clicking on your acer under "devices" and it will display a bar at the top showing how much space the spotify cache is using and how much is free.

To move the cache to your external SD card follow these steps:

• On your android, go to spotify settings and delete the cache
  • Check from android settings that your external SD card has more free space than internal storage
  • Log back into spotify and play or download some music

The cache will now be on your external SD card. You will lose any offline playlists when you do this and have to redownload them

Ok, I'll try this

Wont that delete the songs though he has saved already?

Yes

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I am getting  exactly the same. I had about 1k songs downloaded to my Sony tablet. All of a sudden  I get a message saying my disk is full. So I delete some. Still same message. I try your solution. No luck. I even uninstall and reinstall. Any luck as I'm going crazy here. I only bought my tablet for Spotify. I have tonnes of internal and external storage too

I have the same issue pls help meeeee

If you have an SD Card installed and it has a lot of free space (more than the internal storage), perform a clean install with these steps. Note that this will delete tracks already stored on the device.

- Go to System Settings

- Go to Apps/Manage Apps

- Find Spotify there

- On its page, tap "Clear Cache" if it's not greyed out. Then, tap "Uninstall" and remove the app.

- Power off your device.

- Power back on.

- Using a File Manager on your device or a Computer and an USB Cable, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete com.spotify.music and com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folders, if they're present.

- Download the App from Google Play.

- Try downloading the songs again.

These steps will make Spotify look for the place with more free space to store data, when it's launched again. It will then, start saving to the SD Card if it has more free storage.

Let me know if this works.

Nope the same thing... 😕

Suggested posts