Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download songs imported from desktop on my Android

Can't download songs imported from desktop on my Android

Hello, 

I have some problem with my playlist (imported from local files) sync on my android device. It keep saying "Waiting to download" but no action performed. I have followed all the instructions. I also have explore through some threads but no solution found.

1. I have activated my 7-day trial premium and make available offline on my playlist (desktop).

2. I have connect my laptop to the same WiFi network. My laptop used my Android WiFi Hotspot

3. I have turned off my antivirus and firewalls

4. I have connected my desktop Spotify to my Android Spotify

Are there any solution for me ? Thanks.

4 Replies

what version of the desktop app are you running? Can you check for updates as I believe there was an issue which got fixed in the latest version.

To check for updated go to Help - About.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hello Daniel,

I have updated my Spotify desktop app to the latest version. But it still doesn't solve my problem. My playlist in desktop app is already made available offline and my android app does so. By the way, I found a thread, someone said that my laptop and my android should be the client of a WiFi network. Is it true ? As I have said before, my laptop is using the WiFi from my Android.  

Thanks,

Billy

Ah, yes it needs to be via a router rather then using your device as a hotspot.

When using your phone as a mobile hotspot your mobile device is just 'giving' the PC access to the Internet... when you use a router both devices are sharing a connection via a hub which allows the devices to talk to each other which is what is required for sync to occur.

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for your information, Daniel. I will try to use the same WiFi network on my laptop and android. By the way, the phrase "adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync" seems not available in Spotify. As I know, we are not allowed to upload songs to Spotify server unless we are artists and want our created song to be labelled in Spotify.

Suggested posts