Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download using cellular

Solved!

Can't download using cellular

I want to download a song on Spotify, but when I press the download always appear the words: go to settings for download using cellular
Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-41-35.png
Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-44-37.png
34 Replies

I believe this is more relate to giving permissions to Spotify to access your Storage. In the same page you found out the Clear Cache you will find permissions, please allow Storage, that worke for me.

Clear cache only deletes all your data which is not right!!!

I just had the same problem on my Pixel 2 XL on Google Project Fi.... First, make sure that the "Download Using Cellular" is on in spotify settings. Then go to your phone settings, Apps and notifications, click on spotify, data usage, make sure that the unrestricted data usage is on. That worked for me. Crazy thing is that I am on wifi with cell data off and still had to do all that. Annoying.

Thx for all you, but I'm not that stupid... Every permission is granted, still does not work on cellular

Marked as solution

If you have a dual SIM phone, Spotify may be locked to use one SIM (let's say SIM2). If that's the case, shut down the phone and remove the SIM you don't want to use to download for Spotify (SIM2).

Reboot the phone with the other SIM only (SIM1) and now open Spotify, it should download using the only available SIM (i.e. SIM1). This will unlock Spotify from using the removed SIM (SIM2) and lock it to the available SIM (SIM1).

Then shut down the phone again and re-insert the removed SIM (SIM2). Reboot the phone. Spotify will continue to use the SIM it got locked into (SIM1) for downloads.

It sounds tedious but it's the only way to switch the SIM Spotify will use to download via cellular. There's a stupid bug in the app that locks it into the last available SIM in the single-SIM mode. I have not seen this bug in any other app among the hundreds of apps I have used. What's weird is it only affects downloads. Streaming works fine on both SIMs together and can easily switch between them.

This worked for me.

As somebody said previously, I put the phone in airplane mode and then back, and it worked. 

You're right on! I turned on Flight Mode and then turned it back off --- and it worked and started downloading. Thanks a lot 😉

Does clearing data erase your playlist and songs saved on spotify app? 

Thank you, I tried this and it worked. So far...

Thank you so much. It worked. But I dont have to take out the sim card. I simply switch off the sim on my settings. Then download the song. Thank you again

Hey your answer truly works thanks 

Turning airplane mode on for a couple of seconds and turning it back off again solved the problem for me. It actually starts downloading as soon as you turn it back off. Thanks for the idea!

Go to the settings in your phone and go to the application manager and click on spotify. Then force stop the app and clear the cache and then close all recent apps and then re open spotify.

I just updated my Spotify and it solved the problem.

Samsung Note 8 - Had to go into Phone Settings, Apps, Spotify, then ensure that Storage was ticked and that has seemed to work so far. 

Suggested posts