Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't edit spotify playlists - Android

Solved!

Can't edit spotify playlists - Android

I can't edit spotify playlists, that is, to rearrange my songs in the playlist. Is this possible and in so case, how? If not, then please fix...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can't. You can't sort / move songs from Android client. You can do so in for example Windows Spotify Client (Drag & Drop).

( I tried ).

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@dgndenver wrote:

I am unable to drag & drop to change track order in my playlist in Spotify 0.8.5.1333 on Windows 7. Do I need to be a premium subscriber?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Being a premium member will not make a difference here. 

You just need to make sure on the playlist that none of the column headings are highlighted for sorting. You won't be able to change the order if they are sorted. Go to your playlist, have a look at the column headings, if one is lighter grey than the others and has an arrow, then it is currently sorting. Just click on it until it goes back to dark grey like the rest then you will be able to order manually. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

You can't. You can't sort / move songs from Android client. You can do so in for example Windows Spotify Client (Drag & Drop).

( I tried ).

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I am unable to drag & drop to change track order in my playlist in Spotify 0.8.5.1333 on Windows 7. Do I need to be a premium subscriber?

Marked as solution

@dgndenver wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Being a premium member will not make a difference here. 

You just need to make sure on the playlist that none of the column headings are highlighted for sorting. You won't be able to change the order if they are sorted. Go to your playlist, have a look at the column headings, if one is lighter grey than the others and has an arrow, then it is currently sorting. Just click on it until it goes back to dark grey like the rest then you will be able to order manually. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is a key feature and has been present on the iPhone for years. Why is it not present in Android? What plans are there to implement it on android... surely it's not that difficult a feature to add.

This basic feature still isn't available on Android. I can't believe it is so hard to make this feature available. It needs sorting asap. It's a real pain having to go back to my laptop to change playlist order.

Years later and this issue remains. I can't sort a playlist in the Android app. It's possible on iOS.

Spotify - the competition in subscription music is too competitive to miss basic editing features. Playlists are core to your product. This needs to be fixed.

This does not work on my phone.  The sort heading forces me to select one.  Please fix this ASAP!

@marsmazur wrote:

This does not work on my phone.  The sort heading forces me to select one.  Please fix this ASAP!

I have the same problem as well!  Just recently switched to an android phone and found this basic feature is not even working!  

WHY in 2017 can we not re-order songs within a playlist when using Spotify Android App.

I remember raising this over 3 years ago.  Now back on Android, I am simply at a loss for words.

Answer the questions Spotify.  Why is there no ability to sort tracks within a plylist using Spotify Android mobile client?

It's appalling isn't it?

Why won't they do?  I used to have an iPhone, so know it's possible.

The part i don't understand is why this thread marked as solved. Spotify has this feature on other platforms, everybody pays same amount and logically it needs to be same product. This isn't a design choice, this is lack of feature. Simply saying you cannot isn't a solution.

NOT SOLVED!!!!

I have an iPad and it doesn't work on that or my Android phone. It's a joke. Wonder if Deezer has this feature?

These posts are several years old but, I was just encountering this problem. Can you still not rearrange songs on an existing playlist from an android? I'm operating on a Samsung tablet SM-T810 model and can't seem to find this option on the app. I want it!!

No. It is completely ridiculous that they have let this go on for so long.  It irritates me daily.  It's real contempt for their customers.

Suggested posts