Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung gear sport 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've been using Spotify on my Samsung gear sport for months. Had to reset my watch and just realized that I can't find Spotify in the galaxy app store on both my watch and my paired phone. What can I do I want to download the app to my watch again. 

17 Replies

Hey there @Fugis !

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

This is known issue and tech folks are currently looking into this. I recommend you to check this ongoing issue here and adding your vote to stay updated. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi.

Thanks for your swift response.

Sincerely Don Ransi

Any update on this issue ? I'm in the same boat. Thanks

The same is happening with my Galaxy watch. Any update on this? 

I bought the watch from an ebay user, im based in the UK. But Spotify is not available in the Galaxy apps on the watch or phone. 

im allso in this mess. had my watch for 4 days no, and cant find the spotify app on galaxy apps  watch store at all. can some spotify ppl adress this issue?

Same problem here fed up

I have the same problem.

Watch: Galaxy Watch

Model: SM-R810

Serial Number:  R5AM20520ER

Tiezen-version: 4.0.0.1

Please fix this asap

Same problem please put pressure on both Samsung and sportify customer live chats.

Hello, 

just paired my watch with a new phone and it reset it. In the process, I have lost the apps I had on it. I tried to download Spotify again, to my horror, it is not here anymore! This is for this feature that I bought the watch in the first place! Can I have some guidance please? Many thanks

@Mantisentil wrote:

Hey there @Fugis !

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

This is known issue and tech folks are currently looking into this. I recommend you to check this ongoing issue here and adding your vote to stay updated. 

Have a nice day 🙂

THIS IS NOT FIXED, I STILL CAN NOT FIND THE APP.

I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded to the Galaxy Note 10, and when I reset my watch (previously had the app) and looked for it in the store for redownloading, it wasn't there. On my old phone, I beamed the app link, but then there was a problem.

Same here.  I just upgraded to the samsung galaxy note10+ and had to reset my watch.  Now I can't find the spotify app at all.

Hi there, I'm having the same problem, I bought the galaxy watch for the fact I can listen to spotify music when I go jogging, but i cant find the app now, please advice when will this be fixed. Thank you 

FINALLY SOLVED!

You need wifi access for this to work

1. Download speedVPN from google play store

2. Force stop galaxy wearable app and clear cache

3. Remove your sim card (& restart if needed)

4. Get on wifi

5. Start speedVPN and choose USA as your country - wait till it connects

6. Open galaxy wearable then galaxy apps and search for spotify

7. Connect your watch via Bluetooth and install the app

8. Open spotify on your mobile so that it can log in on the watch

9. Open spotify app on your watch and log in

10. I found it faster to download offline playlists on the watch if I'm connecting the watch to wifi and not bluetooth

11. Both remote and standalone modes work

Enjoy

To install Spotify on your Samsung smart watch in a country outside the USA, do the following:
Turn off the phone
Remove your simcard
Turn it back on again

Turn off the bluetooth
Clear cache/data of "Samsung Apps"

Download a VPN and chose USA using wifi (Hola VPN for exemple from the Play Store)
Run Samsung Apps

Search Spotify

Turn on the bluetooth and connect the watch and download it.

I can't find Spotify app on Samsung Store for my samsung gear sports 😞

Suggested posts