Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get out of offline mode !

Solved!

Can't get out of offline mode !

Today my phone (HTC Incredible S) will not get out of offlinemode. My Desktop version works fine, but not my phone. Anyone tat have the same problem right now ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is an issue with the Spotify app under Andoid v4 (ICS), have you just upgraded the firmware? Spotify doesn't currently support ICS, though we've been informed that they are working on an updated Android app.

Yes, this is very annoying for a lot of people!

Spyke

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Try uninstalling the app from your phone the reinstalling it. I was having the same issue with my Android (Droid X) so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. So far I haven't gotten thrown into offline mode permanently. It might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Josh

Marked as solution

Likely going to require an uninstall/reinstall to fix.

i had this problem a few months ago for over a month. I stuck with it because I had the offline playlists I wanted on the phone, and it was preferable to the constant crashing I'd been getting before. But eventually I wanted to resync and update those playlists, and no amount of cache clearing, force closing, or phone rebooting would get Spotify to go back online -- it required uninstalling and reinstalling to fix.

Fair warning: most of the Android crash problems I've seen have been related to being online. So a reinstallation may fix your offline issue, but be prepared to deal with other potential stability issues as a result.

5 Replies
Marked as solution

This is an issue with the Spotify app under Andoid v4 (ICS), have you just upgraded the firmware? Spotify doesn't currently support ICS, though we've been informed that they are working on an updated Android app.

Yes, this is very annoying for a lot of people!

Spyke

Marked as solution

Try uninstalling the app from your phone the reinstalling it. I was having the same issue with my Android (Droid X) so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. So far I haven't gotten thrown into offline mode permanently. It might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Josh

Marked as solution

Likely going to require an uninstall/reinstall to fix.

i had this problem a few months ago for over a month. I stuck with it because I had the offline playlists I wanted on the phone, and it was preferable to the constant crashing I'd been getting before. But eventually I wanted to resync and update those playlists, and no amount of cache clearing, force closing, or phone rebooting would get Spotify to go back online -- it required uninstalling and reinstalling to fix.

Fair warning: most of the Android crash problems I've seen have been related to being online. So a reinstallation may fix your offline issue, but be prepared to deal with other potential stability issues as a result.

Hi guys, I had this same problem for two weeks now. I did some investigating after I noticed that my phone doesnt play youtube videos either. Well here's the good news. I found a solution that works. I took a closer look (inspired by googling) at my phones network settings, more specifically the APN settings.

Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names

The problem I found was that the phone has lost/deleted the 3G networks APN settings. So I googled my service providers APN settings and created a new setting into the Access Point Names. And what do you know, I turned on Spotify and voilà! IT WORKED! This restored my 3G network, which I had 'offline' unaware for 2 weeks. Not sure if you've all tried this but it certainly solved my problems. Good luck!

- J

I have created a bug thread for this issue:

community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Stuck-in-offline-mode/m-p/316924

I have also linked to a form where you can provide some simple info for our developers.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts