Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't install Spotify app

Solved!

Can't install Spotify app

Spoiler

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10e 

Operating System

Android 11(One U.I. 3.0)

My Question or Issue

For months, Spotify worked perfectly fine on my phone, but when I installed Android 11, the app completely disappeared, and since then, every attempt I make at trying to install it, fails. When I try to install it on the google play store, I get prompted with an error message that says, "can't install Spotify." I've cleared the cache and data from the google play store and google play services, and I've restarted my phone multiple times, and nothing's worked.

I've also tried to install multiple Spotify apks off of many different websites, and every single one just tells me, "App not installed." Everything I've tried to get this app has failed, and it really upsets me because it was my primary streaming platform for a while.

If anyone has any answers/tips, then they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If not computer savvy wait for the update !remember google should be your best friend .update will come really soon

View solution in original post

18 Replies

There's a bug on android 11 you first have to permit too install unknown apps (apk's)or third party apps .as before it would automatically send you to the settings then send you back to the app and you would be able to continue but as you mention it crashes try that and see if that helps mate !

Thanks for the response! I see what you're saying for the most part, but I'm not quite sure which app to give unknown installation access. 

I've attached a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about; the play store doesn't crash, but it doesn't want to download the app. I've also deleted every Spotify file out of my internal storage, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

Screenshot_20210203-095104_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-03-11-24-29-782_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-03-11-25-13-560_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-03-11-25-17-837_com.android.settings.jpg

Unfortunately, since I am unable to actually donwload any form of Spotify, it isn't listed in the list of apps. I know that my phone came pre-installed with it, but I fear that the only way to get it back is a factory reset.

I don't know if you have any other fixes, but unfortunately this one didn't work. Thanks for the help though!

Screenshot_20210203-115857_Settings.jpg
Marked as solution

If not computer savvy wait for the update !remember google should be your best friend .update will come really soon

tinyurl.com/Spotifylite-apk

Alright, well thanks so much for the help man, I really appreciate it!

No problemo!

Same issue I Have since i downloaded android 11

Hey there @vishnu9

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

If possible, we'd recommend trying a soft reset on your device. Also, let us know if you spot anything new when you connect to a different network. 

If you still have trouble, could you send us a screenshot of the error message that you're getting? We'll take a closer look.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

enter Spotify> Settings and look for the option “Device emission status”. This will allow other apps to know the playback and seems to avoid closures...also make sure battery optimization is os off for Spotify this is notorious for shutting down Audio and bluethooth once it goes into effect .major Spotify issue for Android 11  update  as multiple Spotify apps including widgets opening independently makes the app crash .different features for update require new attention as developers will soon fix the issue .

We cant install Spotify man, you simply dont get this most important part

Solution - 

visit play.store.com in chrome in a incognito tab then sign in with your device email which is signed in play store app , then search Spotify app in play store webpage in chrome in incognito tab then install the app , app will install immediately , wooh I'm genius 😂 my grammer might be wrong.

visit play.store.com in chrome in a incognito tab then sign in with your device email which is signed in play store app , then search Spotify app in play store webpage in chrome in incognito tab then install the app , app will install immediately , wooh I'm genius 😂 my grammer might be wrong.

Done with soft reset - The error is exactly the same as shared by "user-removed Not applicable 2021-02-03 08:21 PM" above and a change in a device works but switching the networks doesn't make a difference it's an android device Redmi note 8 pro and the miui version is 12.5.10. Let me know if you need anything else. Looking forward to your reply.

same issue did everything works on another account

Suggested posts