Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android 9

Hi, I've been unable to like any songs on the mobile version of Spotify. I have premium. I even performed a clean reinstall of the app. I'm sure.

When I'm on a song that's playing, tapping the heart does nothing. I use the program on Desktop and works just fine, but mobile version can't like anything.

Songs I previously favourited on Desktop show up as not liked on Mobile, so I can't tell if I can unlike them as well.

Screenshot_20210204-214306_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210204-214117_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @TanorFaux,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you check if there is any battery optimization enabled for Spotify and switch that off. Also make sure that the app has all Permissions enabled:

Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone. 

If that doesn't change anything try logging in with a different account. You can ask a friend/family member to log in with their or create a new test account. This will help us figure out if the issue is related to your account.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @TanorFaux,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out. It could've been indeed some corrupted files causing this - that's why we always recommend running a clean reinstall following the specific steps in this guide to make sure all files are completely removed.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @TanorFaux,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you check if there is any battery optimization enabled for Spotify and switch that off. Also make sure that the app has all Permissions enabled:

Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone. 

If that doesn't change anything try logging in with a different account. You can ask a friend/family member to log in with their or create a new test account. This will help us figure out if the issue is related to your account.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi there. I followed these instructions. I found that my other account (non-premium) can interact with the heart buttons anywhere, such as, on song view, album view, and drop down menu.

My main Spotify account cannot interact with it anywhere on mobile.

Both accounts are linked to separate Facebook accounts so I don't think it's Facebook linking causing it.

Top photo is from main account, and bottom is the other account.

Screenshot_20210209-074803_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210209-075324_Spotify.jpg

Hi @TanorFaux,

Thanks for getting back to us.

This sounds like the issue is connected to your main account. It's unlikely that it has something to do with Facebook.

You can follow this guide to transfer your music collection over to the account that works. Note that you can't transfer your Premium subscription. 

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator

Scratch what I said.
I found a solution, and I did a secondary clean reinstall this time. This time it seems to have worked and I'm not sure why.

It might have been that I removed com.spotify from my SD card.

Shut down the phone, rather than restart, although I'm sure i've shut it down before while doing this.

After reinstalling it, I immediately activated the permissions and turned off battery optimization for it.
Opening the app shows the heart button working and that all my albums and songs I saved on Desktop, are also saved on Mobile.

I'm not completely sure why my account got it bugged in the first place, and what changed this time, but when I used my account on a different phone, it was working just fine. Deducted that it was a corrupted file or folder that wasn't being removed during uninstallation, so I tried the clean reinstall again.
This seems to have worked!

Marked as solution

Hey @TanorFaux,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out. It could've been indeed some corrupted files causing this - that's why we always recommend running a clean reinstall following the specific steps in this guide to make sure all files are completely removed.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts