Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't listen to podcasts.

Can't listen to podcasts.

Plan

Premium

Device

LG Q6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

For weeks now I can't listen to podcasts. Every podcast I try to listen to doesn't play at all or it plays halting, even if I download it to listen offline. I have no problems to listen to music. If I clean the cache and delete all Spotify's folders from my cellphone, it works only for a few minutes and after the problem returns. I've already removed and downloaded the app several times, but nothing seems to work. Does anybody have had a similar problem and knows how to fix it?

10 Replies

Hi, there. I have a similar problem in my LG Q70. I can't listen podcasts

I'm having the same issue with podcast. Every time I try to play the status bar in my device says "Spotify is trying to play..." but it gets stuck and never play. I tried the Spotify Lite workaround and podcast played without trouble. Now I'm listening my podcasts on Podcast Go because of the issue.

Device: LG Q60 (LM-X525HA)

Android version: 9

Software version: V10c-712-01

Spotify version: 8.5.76.962

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we havenโ€™t seen any similar posts about this issue recently, could you let us know if youโ€™re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall (instead of a regular one)to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If your issue persists, it might be a good idea to use a different network and turn off your VPN if you're using one.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did everything you said but I am still unable to listen to podcasts. I have an Iphone Xs Max MT552QN/A.

I can only listen to podcasts with the Spotify Playlist tag on it.

Hi @Kevelino,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We're aware that for the last couple of days there were some general issues affecting podcasts.

This was confirmed to be resolved by now, could you confirm your app is completely updated? 

If the issue persists, could you give us more insights about this? Do you get any errors when trying to play them, is the progress bar stuck? 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hi, 

I use a Huawei Mediapad and I discovered today that my podcasts weren't playing anymore. 

I use Spotify lite and for some reason it doesn't let me delete the app data so I can't do a clean reinstall. 

The podcasts are working on my laptop though

Is there anything that I can do about it? 

Thanks

IMG_20211031_205304.jpg

Hi @ally_son,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

Since this is happening only on one device, we suggest you start by running a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, we'd like to have some more information about this. Could you let us know what happens when you try to play podcasts, do you get any message?

Also, do you have this issue only with certain podcast shows/episodes or with any you try to play? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

i tried deactivating my account and it still hasn't worked

and yes, the podcast issue affects all the podcasts I try to play

also, there is no message

Hi @ally_son,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you confirm if you followed the steps to perform a clean reinstall? If you did, there are other things we can check here. 

You mentioned you're using the Lite app, can you try using the regular Spotify app to check if you're able to play podcasts? 

Also, please let us know the Android version you're running. This will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts