Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in using old android versions

Can't log in using old android versions

We are subscribed in a family premium package. Phones like my Nokia 2 that has android 9 and my brother's Mi 10T that has android 10 log into our accounts with ease. However, older phones with older android versions like my oppo f5 youth which has android 7.1.1 and my dad's sony xperia c3 which has android 5.1.1 takes really long time or none at all to load or even log in. 

At first, we can log in to our accounts using the old phones with ease. However, when searching for musics and such, it takes time. It's not loading at all. It will always say "no internet connection" or " its taking a long time to load etc." even though our wifi is working pretty well and is quite fast.

Since the long loading time frustrated us, we tried to log out and reinstall the app. However, this time, as we tried to log in for the 2nd time, we can't pass the log in screen at all. For the oppo f5, after clicking log in, it will turn into " logging in" without any change whatsoever. On the other hand, the sony xperia c3 keeps saying "logging in, please wait." 

We tried logging in the accounts from the old phones to the newer ones. It was just succesful.

There are no more OS updates for the old phones. All are at there latest versions. They are working fine with other apps, only spotify is not.

Please help us troubleshoot this problem. Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey there @Brynmncao

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Also, could you give it a try using a different internet connection to check if the issue persists? 

Lastly, we suggest that you take a look at this article to check the system requirements for using Spotify.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts