Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login, receiving "You're offline" message

Can't login, receiving "You're offline" message

For some reason I was logged out of my Spotify app. When trying to log back in, I receive the "You're offline" message. Obviously I have internet so I click "OK" and try again, and get the same prompt, up until there's a new prompt to open my email app. But when I open my email app, the link is expired. I try again, and there is no new link sent. After several attempts, now the app simply alternates between "Too many attempts" and "Network error", both of which are absolutely no help at all. 

1. How can I fix this?

2. How can I prevent the app from continuous glitching (I've had to re-download all of my music twice in the last 3 months)

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G6

Operane 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)ting System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

7 Replies

Hey @dancui,

Thanks for posting your questions here in the Community!

Just to confirm, did you already try to reinstall the app with a clean reinstall?

Suggesting this since reinstalling the app is highly likely to solve this type of issues and since a 'clean' reinstall is more effective than a 'simple' reinstall.

Check this Spotify Answer to find out how the clean reinstall procedure works depending on the device you're using and the related operative system.

If you're still experiencing the issue after performing this procedure, it'd be helpful if you tried to log into your account with a different device and checked whether the issue persists, updating us about what happens.

That will help us clarify if it's an account related issue.

Hope you'll find this info helpful. We'll be keeping an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

clean install and all that stuff did not work for me, but what you might want to check is the following:

Go to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ and check if the country that's set there is equivalent to the country you're currently in. If not, change the country accordingly and try logging in again.

Background: I recently moved country and started getting the "You're offline" message. All the suggested methods failed and I grew disgruntled. I then tried logging in on the desktop client where I got an error in the lines of "you're trying to log in from the wrong country, buddy". Hey, that's a better error than an obviously wrong "You're offline!" To fix this, I had to log in to the website (link above) and change the country there. Now it works again.

Hope this helps you and anyone else fighting with this frivolously wrong error message, too!

Wow thx none of the things other people said really worked but urs did thx a lot 😅

This fixed it for me, too. Spotify should definitely review this, it's shady to lock someone out for this reason and say they're offline. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We're really glad to see that you've solved the issue. We'll pass on the info about the error message to the right folks here.

If anything comes up, we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

The issue still persists. 

This has Not the first time, i was logged off Spotify out of the blue. 

Germany, Huawei p10lite, premium

Hi @thisfibo,

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts