Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Moto E4 Plus

Operating System

Android Nougat

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'm having trouble with my downloaded songs on my phone. I've tried many times to download the songs that I've liked and it works at first, for the first couple of hours but after a while it stops working.

When I've just downloaded them I can check the setting and I'd see in the storage section a "cache" part (usually a few Mbs) and a "downloads" part (around 2.7 Gbs) but when the songs stop working and I check the storage I only have a huge chunk of 2.7 Gbs labeled cache and no download.

Sometimes it gets fixed by re-downloading and it quickly realized the cache is full of those and only takes a couple of seconds to make them active again but that requires an internet connection so I can't do that on my commute and most of the times it requires a full download again.

I've already re-installed the app a couple of times and even formated my SD card as an internal storage for my phone but nothing seems to be a permanent solution.

Thanks for your time and for any help you can give me.

1 Reply

Hello @DavidRueda,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your downloads.

We'd advise you to try the following steps:

1. Run a clean reinstall to make sure you've crossed out any basic issues that might be occurring because of that.

2. Enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.

If the issue still persists, can you share a screenshot of how they appear on your side when you're unable to play them? 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts