Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play downloaded tracks offline

Can't play downloaded tracks offline

What's the thing with Spotify? 

Finally, I managed to have Spotify store downloaded music on the SD card, but now it won't play in offline mode...

Using version 0.6.6.270.

Is Spotify deliberately trying to loose customers? Or is there another reason why this software is so hard to make work properly? This is a product I'm paying for and expect to work, but I don't know for how much longer it's worth it.

Is it really that hard to re-implement the option of choosing storage location? (Now you'll have to uninstall, search through the entire phone for anything that Spotify may have left behind, then re-install with a SD card with more available space than the internal phone memory - and hope for the best).

A suggestion to fix my current problem was to reinstall Spotify. This did not work, it only removed the downloaded files from Spotify, leaving the files somewhere on the SD card.

Can someone please fix this??

3 Replies

Do you get an error message when you try to play a track in offline mode? Does the playlist show under "Downloaded" and the tracks in it have the green downloaded symbol against them?

Thanks for the reply!

The track was listed under downloaded playlists, and it had this white arrow on green background next to it - so everything seemed to be ok - but when I tried to play it I got a message saying it was unavailable.

After a reinstall, the tracks that I had downloaded were not listed as downloaded, but the data size on the SD card showed that they were still there. Then I downloaded them again and now I'm able to play them - so for the moment it works.

(I still have a few MB of files that Spotify doesn't recognize as its own files, but I guess they can be located and removed manually. A little reluctant to delete all spotify files again - "If it works, don't touch it"....)

Don't touch works for me too. Hopefully it will work fine for you now but shout if you need help 🙂

Suggested posts