Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play over 4G, but data is ON

Can't play over 4G, but data is ON

Starting two days ago, I can no longer stream over 4G. WIFI works just fine.
I can play offline playlists just fine. 

Whenever I turn off wifi, I get the message "You're offline".

All other apps on the phone can use mobile data just fine.
Here are the particulars: Android app, v 8.2.0.788.

I have tried the following:

- making sure I'm not in Offline Mode (and download over cellular is also on)

- logging out and back in

- rebooting

- deleting cache

- reinstalling the app

- changing my password

- signing out of all devices

- reauthorizing the phone

Nothing has worked so far. I'm a premium subscriber, and I expect to get what I'm paying for, please.

10 Replies

If you're using a dual sim phone, try physically swapping the sim cards over to see if that makes any difference.

What is your Mobile service provider and data plan? Some services will allow full 4G speeds and slow it down once you hit a data cap (say 4GB). Once you hit this cap, they may slow it down. It will reset once you hit the monthly cycle for a data reset. If you don't know what your data plan is, you can try logging in online or with an app to find out.

I'll assume you have full cellular signal strength. You can sometimes try updating roaming capabilities (may be different for every carrier) mine is done by dialing *228

Another possibility is that the app's data is turned off in the settings.

Could also try changing the streaming settings to "normal" instead of automatic. I find that it helps mine stay stable when traveling.

I hope this helps!

You might be on to something here. I DO have a dual sim phone. I tried switching data from one sim to the other (different carriers), and things started working. Haven't yet tried physically switching sim slots, but might try it later. Thanks for the tip!

You're very welcome. Dual sim phones seem to have a hard time with spotify for some reason. Good luck.

That worked for me

I have the same issue, NEVER had that or similar issues before. Did swapping the Sim help? Are you using two Sims or just one? If this is the solution then Spotify relies on really dodgy code. Actually I also noticed I can not visit Spotify's website when on 3/4g... But on normal WiFi it works... Everything else works on 3/4g

This did not solve it for me!

I don't think it's dodgy code. As I understand it, there is no support in android for multi sim phones so the support is built into the firmware by the manufacturers. I would guess that, until multi sims are supported by android, many developers are unlikely to support them.

For some reason I am having the same problem.  After the last update, everytime I play a song it pauses, as if I am disconnected (but I have full strenght).  Every time I launch the app, it appears as if I am "offline" but I'm not.  I do not have dual sim cards, any other solution?

I hear what you are saying but I did not have a similar issue with this phone which I am using now for a almost 2years. And considering everything else works, it is not to far fetched that Spotify's code might be at fault.

Suggested posts