Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

One Plus 3t

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Whenever I play a song directly from the search results, I can't play it on repeat as it always automatically starts a radio based on the song. I can only play songs on repeat if I play the song from an artist page or a playlist. This is very annoying and unpractical. 

3 Replies

Hey @Lukas30, welcome to the Community!

How long has this been going on for? Did it start happening after an app or OS update? When you go to listen to a track through search, the option to enable replay is missing? 

For now, try a clean reinstall to see if it makes a difference with being able to toggle the option.

Let us know how it goes.

This has been the worst update to the app ever. Daily struggle for many users. The decision to automatically create a station when choosing a song from search is very unpractical.

You search for a song, usually you want to listen to something a few times but instead you get a station you never asked for with thumbs up and thumbs down. 

To get your song on repeat you have to click on the three dots, view album, find the song, start playing the so g for the beginning (ruining the music experience) and then setting it on repeat.

Tools like that are destroying our musical experience. It's just sad. 

instagrid_2018621129185.jpg

I lost the repeat song function from when I search a song on spotify. Shuffle and repeat buttons are replaced by thumbs up and thumbs down. I listen to Spotify via my Sonos One speakers and can no longer to tell Alexa to play a song from Spotify and ask her to put the song on repeat, nor can I easily put the song on repeat without adding it to a playlist. I don’t want to always add songs to a playlist. 

Prior to this problem, I’ve had an issue with the song that I searched continuously replaying without playing other songs from the radio. Spotify needs to fix these issues so users who pay for premium can get what they want, whether it’s repeating a song from search/song radio, or hearing different songs. 

For now bring back the repeat song option when playing songs from song radio or search! This is very annoying.

Suggested posts